Wacom Cintiq Pro 4K 24" and 32" coming in January 2018

Discussion in 'Artists' started by kvoram, Jul 11, 2017.

1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

This did not need to be a 17-minute-long video. "The Dell won't have the Wacom Pro Pen (2). The QHD resolution of the $1800 27" Canvas makes it a tough sell against the 4K resolution of the $2000 24" Cintiq. The totem might be nicer to use than the expresskey remote, but similar devices can be bought separately anyway. Wacom's Cintiq stands suck, so the Dell Canvas wins in the stand department by default."

2. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

No but it pretty much covers all the detail including dpi per device and the vesa mount. A bit long winded but compares the top 3 displays being released in the next 6 months.

kvoram likes this.
  3. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Scribbler - Standard Member

I think Wacom's quality control needs to improve. A lot.

kvoram likes this.
  4. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

I hope they fix the line wobble with the pro pen 2. That was one the best things about emr.

Fluffyfurball likes this.
  5. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

think that was only on the 16" cintiq pro. i never see wobble on my MSP 16".

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  6. dumbo

dumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

I will be getting the 24" 4k Cintiq when it lands. My question to people with experience....

I currently have a 30" 2560 x 1600 resolution monitor. Do you think it will be ok to use it together with the 4k 24" Cintiq or shall I upgrade my monitor to a 32" 4k too? Any advice?

7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I run a 1920 x 1080 Cintiq in tandem with a 3440 x 1440 ultrawide monitor. It works fine for me with no issues. I don't see it being necessary to upgrade your monitor for matching resolutions, more often people want to match color range/quality, which can certainly make the experience more consistent across screens.

I think the bigger concern if you do opt for a 4K is how your PC is going to handle running 2 4k monitors at once in some applications. Assuming you have a powerful PC, it should be fine I guess as long as your not gaming on one while video encoding on the other etc.

dumbo and ATIVQ like this.
  8. dumbo

dumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the reply Stoneseeker. My PC is powerful, will get a new video card anyway as it is getting old. I don't game at all.

This wait is killing me! Wacom too slow as a company o_O

9. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Yeah, don't be surprised if the new cintiqs are significantly delayed from their estimated release dates either! Wacom is notoriously late to release with "issues" often holding up production runs. :confused:

10. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Like the stand for the Mobilestudio Pro... :D

stoneseeker likes this.