Wacom Cintiq Pro 4K 24" and 32" coming in January 2018

Discussion in 'Artists' started by kvoram, Jul 11, 2017.

1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Ive heard a couple people claim they do now, I wish we could get an official list of what Wacom cintiqs have fans... Why wouldn't they put that info in their spec sheets..?

2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

It probably has at least one.
    But I never heard it in two months using it everyday.
    I read some others had problems with fan noise on the 27: I can only suppose at some point they went faulty. :)

3. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

I had someone ask about the 16" fans on the review I did on my channel so this was a problem early on for those as well. Its a simple fix, a FW update to throttle them down. I still think they might be more aggressive because they had to plan for the Cintiq Engine to be there. You are putting something that will generate heat into an enclosure. That will surely heat up the Cintiq itself. Just a bad design.

dumbo likes this.
  4. dumbo

dumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

Just ordered Intuos Pro large, I will leave the overpriced neck breaker Cintiq beta testing to you guys :)

5. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

OMG. WTF are those guys smoking? It's already thick like a 1980's Sears TV, and that's not enough of an air gap to dissipate the heat? Holy smokes

dumbo and stoneseeker like this.
  6. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

Cintiq 24 update on the fan noise, this is your channel? Says they are making their own arm?

7. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Some interesting developments on the Cintiq front, guys. Someone on reddit made an after-market VESA adapter for CP24, which is orderable on Amazon:

[​IMG]

There's also a video of the original "Wacotron" DIY mount posted earlier:

and finally, an unsponsored video review of the CP24 by the same guy:

I have to say this is now looking a lot more attractive! I think I just might leaving the Dell Canvas train for this...I mean you could get the Canvas for $2089 CAD or Cintiq Pro 24" for $2,550 CAD (non-touch). It's not that much more...and you get 4K vs the halfway-there 1440p...plus the ability to try out the nifty new Pro Pen 3D:

Uh oh, better cool off the window-shopping tonight. I know when I get like this, disastrous financial fallout is bound to follow... :D

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  8. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

9. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I really want to try 4K now.

These two videos are the ones which are really giving me pause:

and

It actually looks a lot like digital paper, what I'd been imagining working on since I first became aware of the concept of digital drafting boards.

For me a touch interface has become (much to my surprise) a pretty big incentive. The Dell Canvas offers that in spades; it sounds from various reviews that they've really taken their time to perfect the touch experience, or at least bring it up to the level I'm enjoying on my Samsung Notebook 9 Pro. After a day of work on my portable, going back to a non-touch interface is a very noticeable step down.

The Cintiq Pro 24" with touch is currently around $3200 CAD. -Before tax and shipping. I contacted the reseller, and they tell me they expect to have units in mid-June and quoted me a total bill, including all taxes and shipping costs, of $3666. I'd need to put down some money to get on the back order list.

Dell will sell me the Canvas immediately (if I can get the order through before noon, this Monday) for $2405.

Dell Canvas
    $2405 CAD (Final Bill)
    108 DPI
    Can use my current studio computer.
    Available now.
    Reliable Product Support.
    Pen: I like it! It's almost not too thick!
    Touch looks great.

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24" Touch
    $3666 CAD (Final Bill)
    183 DPI
    Need to upgrade (or use my portable).
    Available? Wait for at least a month.
    Product Support: Good luck. Dead pixels reported as common.
    Pen: What the hell, Wacom? I've seen thinner hot dogs.
    Is Touch any good? Don't know yet.

A $1261 difference between the two...

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Marty likes this.
  10. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Vistek somehow seems to always get first dibs on Wacom supply up North. But their shipping costs are a big turn off. I ordered my Cintiq 22HD via Staples (who didn't charge me shipping) and they offer a 30-day return policy, which is really nice if you're worried about dead pixels. With Vistek, they charge a hefty restocking fee in addition to the cost of return shipping.

The only downside with Staples, is they have to special order it and it may take months for it to arrive. But hey, you're the one who famously declared he was never leaving his Tecra M4, back when all us yuppies were switching to Surfaces and the like.

What's a couple months wait, eh? ;)

thatcomicsguy likes this.