Wacom Cintiq Pro 4K 24" and 32" coming in January 2018

Discussion in 'Artists' started by kvoram, Jul 11, 2017.

1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I can see the all-in-one option benefiting Studios and Schools. Not counting 3D applications.....you don't really need powerhouse guts for Illustration Software like Clip Studio and Photoshop. Especially on the graphics end, integrated or Iris graphics are pretty much just as suitable, even for Photoshop. They really just need to put a nice powerful CPU, enough Ram, and a SSD....and they can easily fit that in a small frame, and it can easily still perform well for many years. My desktop is using a 4th gen i7-4790k.....it can still perform pretty damn well in Photoshop despite being 4 gens old. So long as you just expect to run Photoshop, CSP, and Painter.....an All-in-One could be a very attractive so long as your specific use case doesn't involve adding in a 3 fan 1080ti or anything. And if you buy in Bulk....way easier to just buy 20 All-in-Ones as opposed to 20 Cintiqs and 20 separate Desktop towers.

2. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

I’m not against all-in-ones. If it’s a good machine, why wouldn’t I want it?. But I can’t wrap my head around making ‘can convert into an all in one’ a feature. What, exactly, will it allow you to do that you cannot do in it’s non-all-in-one form? It looks nicer?

It seems a bit like trying to sell shoes that have socks built right in. Worse, actually. It’s shoes that have Velcro inside that you can use to permanently affix a pair of socks with, should you, uh, want to do that for some reason.

3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

@YVerloc don't underestimate the power of a de-cluttetered desk. :D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018 at 5:01 PM
    darkmagistric and DaniJoy like this.
  4. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

that does make sense!

5. dv8nathan

dv8nathan Pen Pal - Newbie

what if its not a slot for a computer at all but rather an EGPU. given that portable device prefrences differ from each person one thing many computers are starting to adapt is thunderbolt3. i imagine a chasis that is a specific size that can hold varied sizes of graphics cards. so we can carry the device of our choice on the road and with one plug get busy at our desk.
    well just a thought

6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I like your line of thinking, but wouldn't the 32" Cintiq be a definite "not going anywhere" sort of size? I can't imagine hauling it on any plane or in the car more than once a year and even then I shudder at the thought... its a beast!

Marty likes this.
  7. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You would think...but apparently it's not uncommon to see people taking their entire desktop rigs, tower, monitor and all onto flights to massive LAN competitions. (Not sure where they stow it, but heck, maybe they buy an extra seat just for their gear. :D)

And they even make specialized carrying bags for this very purpose, so there must be a sizeable crowd of people redefining "luggable" these days. :confused:

8. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi! That was actually my video. I thought I saw a pen drive type slot. I didn't and still don't see where they slide in a PC type box but I don't disagree. I'd love to see what they do and wonder what pricing would be like if they did that. I agree with what some have said about desk space but imagine how long it would take them (unless they already have something) to release a PC add on.

Cheers.

9. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Here:

Screenshot_20180214-100634.jpg

There's a gigantic gap in the back, how can you not see it?!?

10. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member