Wacom Cintiq Pro 4K 24" and 32" coming in January 2018

Discussion in 'Artists' started by kvoram, Jul 11, 2017.

1. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

my 19$ sketch pad is a more mobile and better drawing device than my ipad pro. Are you really comparing a cintiq monitor to a tablet?

I think ipad pro is actually a really good low end digital device, i recommend it all the time to beginner hobby artists, or those pro's who have simple workflows.

I personally dislike the apple pencil. im praying they upgrade it soon. worst feeling stylus i have. I would rather sketch on paper than deal with the clicky clacky slick screen, weird pressure curve, lack of accuracy for inking and the always drained/lost sync pencil battery. I only kept it this long because its a perfect portable second screen hooked up to my MSP16 when im on the road and great content consumption machine.

Your comment seems a bit fanboyish, since there are many tablets that have EMR that are much more versatile for working artists than the ipad pro (which i have owned since launch a couple years ago). sure the PC side has a bit less battery, but at least the pen always works when i need it- and users dont have to mess around with gimped apps because professional software does it all without compromise.

You seem bitter your stuck on such a small device, but can you imagine how much apple would charge for a big monitor? I bet it would make the Wacom gear look cheap. Im all for more competition and lower prices. but we are not there yet, and maybe we wont be for a while. its a rather niche market, and for budget conscious folks Intuos and a laptop is a great solution that you can make money with. High end Pen tablets are a luxury.

2. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

well i hope your right. 16 gb ram is easy to max out these days. im betting end of the year (which would be about 2 years). would be cool to see it spring /summer though.

3. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

seems a bit harsh. i mean these are luxury items for highly paid artists. i would make the exact same art on an Intuos as i can on my cintiq.
    I just prefer the working experience more on a cintiq. If there was ever a better setup i would get it over wacom. there just hasn't been anything compelling released from a competitor yet. The surface studio is close, but i dont want a AIO computer (more chance of failure, non user upgrade / serviceable) or Ntrig pens (at least in current form). Pro pen 2 is really nice. so is the new textured screen and thinner glass. I bet these 4k Cintiq's are going to be a really nice drawing experience. I just hope wacom doesn't mess up QA.

THe Dell looks nice but your still stuck with outdated EMR.

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The CC 1 was released October 2013
    15 month gap
    The CC 2 was released January 2015
    18 month gap
    The MSP was released November 2016
    14 month gap .....to today

So given the turn around time for the CC1 to CC2........an MSP 2 could be quite likely to hit soon. And where as the CC2 was just an improvement on the CC1.....the MSP with its new design, pen tech, and name is technically a whole different product line, arguably that could explain the additional few months to get it out since it was a bit more then just a refresh as the CC2 was.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 1:36 AM
    Alayna likes this.
  5. dumbo

dumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

From what I understand a touch and non touch version of 24" is just speculation and not confirmed by Wacom. I have a feeling all versions will be touch capable.

Marty likes this.
  6. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Let's hope that the Verge got their info mistaken, as it would make for poor marketing consistency (i.e. the current 13" and 16" versions are all touch capable only; 32" reportedly touch only) to have one, lone 24" non-touch version in the Cintiq Pro line.

7. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

I am 100% comparing a cintiq 13" monitor to an iPad pro 2017 12.9 monitor, and as far as resolution is concerned, the iPad beats it. same for portability, precision, parallax, and response/lag time. the only way in which a cintiq is superior, is the grain of the screen, making your stylus less prone to sliding. That can partly be solved on the iPad, by using a matte screen protector.

Fanboyish? nah my guy, I did my homework before dropping substantial money on this tech. The tablets you think are more versatile have massive drawbacks, as far as digital art is concerned.

I'm not stuck on a small device at all. I'm not opposed to spending money on expensive luxury tablets.
    what i AM opposed to is spending all that money, and getting a device that leaves me as unsatisfied as I currently am with my Cintiq.
    If I'm spending all that money, I want to know I have a product that will last me a handful of years.
    I want to know that I won't have to wait on driver updates constantly to get it working the way it should, out of the box, on my PC drawing programs.
    I want to know that 2 years down the line I won't have to scour the depths of the internet to find a replacement part for my device because wacom no longer has it in stock.
    I want to know that when wacom DOES get the replacement part in stock, it doesn't cost a small fortune.
    I want to know that when wacom releases a tablet, it won't take a year and then some to release what will inevitable be an overpriced stand that should have been included in the box anyways.

and that's why if their 24" and 32" tablets aren't great, I'll just use products from other companies that aren't quite so determined to screw me over, like Dell and Microsoft.

YVerloc and thatcomicsguy like this.
  8. dumbo

dumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

For me the perfect product would be a 21 to 24" tablet, similar to Surface pro 4 but with Wacom tech and Wacom pen!

9. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

IDK, why are Ntrig devices cheaper exactly? I don't it's unfair to criticise their marketing strategy or their overall disgregard for quality and driver control the last few years. Devices like this should be priced so people can buy them. The last 10 years, the amount of digital artist or people learning on a digital device has grown so the market can support it. If Yinynova or Dell can do it, so can Wacom. The only thing I see jumping the price is the 4K screen from the canvas. Outdated EMR doesn't cost less, it's a digitizer. If they truly came up with a higher priced SKU for the 24", it is just to screw people and fractures the line. All the other devices including the 13" are touch.

Finally, they announced these months ago and missed the date at least on the 32" by a mile. What is going on over there? They can't even get a stand out.