Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Steve S, Sep 29, 2013.

1. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank you, great tip, Do you know of a way to configure that button to settings other than the 7 defined options? Woudl be cool to add other apps, or assign a keystroke to it, such as shift and so on...

Agreed. My CCH also holds a charge for months WO issues. The Apple Pencil, while very good, will also not hold a charge.

I have two co-workers with them and almost always when they pull out their pencil the first thing they need to do is charge a pair it. I was doing a quick demo on my Tab A (W Wacom S-Pen) and a person wanted to compare it to their IPP, but could not due to the Pencil w/o charging and paring first.

IMHO, active stylus sucks.

FYI I use a floating gallery app (Popup Gallery) to display reference images while painting on my CCH. You can find info on my blog post:

http://www.artistebot.com/2017/01/since-there-seems-to-be-very-little_6.html

The App is no longer listed on Google Play (not sure why, I bought it!) but I have link to where you can download the APK.

2. deliriumtrip

deliriumtrip Pen Pal - Newbie

I wonder, will it work on windows 10 and AMD Ryzen processor?
    The spec page on wacom site does not mention Windows 10 as supported OS and also mentions about Intel processor

3. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

If you are asking if you can install Win 10 on the CCH? I don't know, but maybe the lack of hardware drivers would make it useless.

4. deliriumtrip

deliriumtrip Pen Pal - Newbie

I mean a hybrid model in Windows monitor mode. it still needs drivers to work so I wonder will those drivers work on Windows10.
    It's also unclear will those drivers work on Ryzen CPU.
    Here is the spec page on wacom site https://wacom.com/en-us/enterprise/business-solutions/hardware/pen-displays/dth-a1300

UPD: ok, i think it should work, cause driver's download page does mention Windows 10

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  5. Komatsu

Komatsu Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a glass screen protector for the hybrid or is it too old.