Wacom Cintiq Companion Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Steve S, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Looks good. Am interested also.

2. Routb3d

Routb3d Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi guys.. Thanks for appreciating my work. I have made the first batch available for preorder on my web page.. Www.flipsteady.com. Jump in there! There are only 20.

I know it has T be weird pre-ordering from some dude on the internet.. CHECK ME OUT.. look up my threads here on TBPC review. Check out my FB page Facebook/newpencilinc

Also, feel free to ask me anything. I would prefer if you asked through my site or Fb though.

thanks again

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. ggh4

ggh4 Pen Pal - Newbie

There are rumors being spread on the european Wacom Forum's of a possible update being realesed in Q4 of this year

4. ggh4

ggh4 Pen Pal - Newbie

also, from another person on a different thread.

Any thoughts?

5. Chard85

Chard85 Scribbler - Standard Member

A Companion 2 could be amazing. I'm not expecting radical design changes, but surely it would at least have to have a Haswell processor, right? That would mean better battery life and better graphics. Maybe they could even skip Haswell and jump right into Broadwell, which will supposedly be in the upcoming Lenovo Yoga 3.

Maybe they could improve some ergonomic issues like the stand - maybe more like the Surface Pro?

How are people finding the 16:9 aspect ratio of the current one? Would you prefer something more paper like, i.e. 3:2 like the Surface Pro 3?

As far as resolution goes, I don't think 1080p is anything to complain about. I'm also okay with 8GB RAM, 256GB HDD if it keeps the price accessible.
    Another point regarding price; Wacom's new iPad stylus is actually priced very competitively (US$80 as opposed to US$120 for the competing Jot Touch pixelpoint). Maybe Wacom's next innovation will be reduced production costs.

6. michaelws

I need 16 gb of ram for painting digitally. 8gb gets me by minimally...but 16 would help it flow smoother.

Also I would need to see they have addressed their charging port failure issues.

7. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

That is the biggest update I am looking for in a new Companion update. I want to see a magnetic power adapter that actually works. If they don't bother to update what they are using for a charging port, then I will not be buying it. Not until time has passed as their device has proven to hold up over time at least.

16gb of ram would be awesome, and it would be great if they didn't use an ULV processor for those who do more processor intensive work. And I would probably be pushing it to ask for there to be a dedicated graphics card. But who knows. I doubt it will be much more of an update than just upgrading the ram and processor, but lets hope there are some must needed major improvements.

michaelws likes this.
  8. hanaharu

hanaharu Pen Pal - Newbie

I was just about to send mine off to be repaired again(literally just packed the thing up)... maybe I'll wait and see if this is true. I can always return it and then use the refund to get one that will actually last more than two months.

Yuureikun likes this.
  9. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't know how, but after a hiatus of using the Companion for Windows, I have lost the power adapter. Doh!

Wacom has one listed on their store, but it's out of stock:
    https://store.wacom.com/us/en/product/POWA124/

Any suggestions?

10. michaelws

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.