Wacom Cintiq Companion Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Steve S, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobBee

BobBee Pen Pal - Newbie

@Yoyobuae This actually makes sense. Ever since I've fixed my pin issue, my CC hasn't gotten abnormally hot like it use to. It's not even warm, just a stable, cool temperature.

2. BobBee

BobBee Pen Pal - Newbie

HEADS UP: For those with working CCs, you may want to purchase a 2nd Gen Sandisk 128gb MicroSD card. On sale on at amazon for 100$! These ones have write speeds of up to 48 MB/s!

3. hanaharu

hanaharu Pen Pal - Newbie

BobBee and Yoyobuae 's posts got me thinking so I decided to take a look at the cords (I have two) for the companion. All three of the companion I have received had the Plugged in not charging problem.

It looks like the port gets so hot that it melts the plastic around the pin. Maybe it's loosening the connection and that's what's causing the problem?

Anybody else with the problem have melted/ semi melted pins? if so please post pictures. Maybe we can get Wacom to officially acknowledge the issue by like posting pictures everywhere?

Cintiq Companion "Plugged in Not charging" Heat problem - Imgur

4. jox_74

jox_74 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there, I was wandering if anyone try charging with universal power adapter ( for laptops ). Wacom charger power output specs are: 19V, 3,42A, 65 W. Maybe with better quality power charger pin will not be melted. I was really want to buy companion, and then run into this not charged issue all over the internet. Now Im not sure... If this is only power charger thing we could all buy new power chargers and issue solved. I really dont like the idea sending my working unit every couple of months to service, my bussines will colapse :(

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  5. Yoyobuae

Yoyobuae Pen Pal - Newbie

It really depends on which part is actually failing. If the problem is the plug on the adapter side, then replacing it for a different one might help. But if the problem is the jack on the Companion's side, then it might not.

Another thing that might help is to charge the Companion only while off. This may reduce the current draw from the charger and thus reduce the heat being generated at the plug.

michaelws likes this.
  6. steven

steven Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm sure most of you frequently visit the wacom forums, but for those who don't here are two interesting post-quotes from the most active related thread over there. Originally posted by user hellonico:

7. Routb3d

Routb3d Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi guys.. Just here to let you know I finished design on the FlipSteady case for the Companion.. I'll spare the details and give you the video.. Thanks for checking it out!

8. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow that looks really impressive and a heck of a lot more versatile than the included Wacom stand! Great job!

Routb3d likes this.
  9. Routb3d

Routb3d Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks! Here is the fit on the Windows companion and also a candid view of an actual sketch artist using the case for the first time.. It's a little long but may be interesting.

10. BobBee

BobBee Pen Pal - Newbie

Welp sold. Let me know when I can throw my money at you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.