Wacom Cintiq Companion Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Steve S, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plognark

Plognark Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd say that's a good deal. I've been quite happy with my 256, and that was at full retail price.

Just make sure the guy is on the level, and that there aren't any issues with it. Most complaints I've seen seem to revolve around the power connector, so I'd ask to make sure it can charge the battery without issue.

Nellyaa and Noi like this.
  2. cintiqproblem

cintiqproblem Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi I got cintiq companion a couple hours ago and I have a huge problem. Bottom edge of the screen is going crazy, it interprets it as top edge. (I can click File, edit, layer etc. on the bottom edge of the screen)

Check this image. When I reach bottom edge the brush goes to the top edge http://i.imgur.com/ygNV95h.jpg

It seems to be a software issue because it's always the bottom edge no matter the orientation.
    I obviously reinstalled the drivers but didn't work.

EDIT: (As I wrote below it's the new driver causing this for some reason, old one works fine)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

Never heard of that one. What does Wacom support say?

4. cintiqproblem

cintiqproblem Pen Pal - Newbie

Allright false alarm (kinda) It's the new driver causing this

The old one (WacomTablet_6.3.7-6) works fine...

5. Noi

Noi Pen Pal - Newbie

I ended up picking it up :) The guy was legit and I can't believe I was able to score one for this price. Totally in love with this thing. Its a huge step up from my EP121.

Plognark likes this.
  6. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Great Noi...you will like it even more as time goes by. I loved my EP121 also.

Cintqproblem.... that is strange that the driver is causing this. I have the new driver in and no problem. You definitely should contact tech support about the issue.

7. dubbmobile

dubbmobile Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all I am debating with myself on which version to get memory wise 256 or 512 and was wondering if I could get some advice for those who have either or. I plan to do mostly do 2d work but I would like to learn a little zbrush/mudbox if possible. I have a portable ssd drive and i know they just released the 128gb micro sd card as well. Would having the 256 version impact program performance at all? Thank you in advance!

8. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not having the 512 version I cannot speak to performance other than to say that I have not heard of any of these programs being hindered or slowed due to storage space. My 256 works great. I think it is up,to you to decide if and extra 256 is worth $500. If so then pick one up. I don't have money to burn and my little micro cards work well along with a bit of cloud storage.

Enjoy your Companion...whichever one you decide to get. I am thrilled with mine. Just wish it had an option for an extended insurance policy...or that I would have picked up a Squaretrade policy within the first 30 days of owning it.

9. dubbmobile

dubbmobile Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you! I think I am just gonna go for the 256 model I can always use micro cards or whatever if storage becomes a problem. Thanks again!

Plognark likes this.
  10. Rousing_Dipthorne

Rousing_Dipthorne Pen Pal - Newbie

I wish they had models with smaller harddrives. Im sure they could have shaved off $400 or more just by making it 64/128 gigs. I am not for wanting SSDs or HD space in general with all the terrabytes I have between internal and external drives.

With that said I bit the bullet and picked one up recently and I'm severely underwhelmed by the screen. The blurry rainbow mosaic antiglare feature is one I wish I could have opted out of. Having used a combination of cintiqs, tablets, smart phones and tablet PCs daily for years I knew getting this wasn't going to be a religious experience or anything but I definitely wasn't expecting it to be so... disappointing. I have no regrets - it's the digitizer I've always wanted in a tablet PC.... it's just that for the price I'm used to getting more out of a computer and it feels like several concessions were definitely made.

tabletartist4d likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.