Wacom Cintiq Companion Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Steve S, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Anyone would be annoyed with such an inconvenience. I hope it does not take that long. Good luck.

2. Nellyaa

Nellyaa Pen Pal - Newbie

Ugh, good for me the european wacom center is in Krefeld (Germany). I'd only need to pay a small amount for shipping, heck I could even drive there from here, it's not that far. I feel bad for all the other european customers, who need to ship from Spain etc. They will need to pay a lot then. :(
    Still no problems on mine except that pressure loss from time to time.

However, I wish you luck you'll get it back in time.
    A small naive voice inside tells me because I bought it later I got one without the connectivity problems. If I was religious, I'd pray for this, haha...

3. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

I am just flabbergasted over all of this. I've used Wacom products for years, and never had a single problem with any of them from a hardware standpoint. Yet all of a sudden I get the Cintiq companion and within the first day or two the faulty connection to the LCD panel gives out, and now a few months later I have a similar connection problem with the battery light and AC jack. I understand it is a new product and they've never sold a computer before this, but at the same time the things that keep failing on me aren't even the actual computer components, they are parts that you can find (LCD panels, on/off indicator lights) that are found on many products they've had over the years. Seems like it is just lazy soldering. I'd really like to know if these are made by the same factory that makes the larger Cintiq units or not. My 21ux lasted me a good 5 or 6 years and I sold it recently, still worked perfectly.

Friggin' ugh!

4. Misha G

Misha G Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone!
    Please say which numbers are in Zbrush - Preferences/mem/MaxPolyPerMesh on your Cintiq Companion? If it possible, please take a screenshot of that palette. And how about performance and heating when you sculpting high-res meshes?

5. michaelws

Not sure about heating on hi res meshes... I have done some high res stuff but am only now getting into zbrush after owning it for the past eleven years. So I cannot do more than post the default palette that you asked for. Iove working in ZBrush on my Companion 256gb model.

mem.jpg

6. Misha G

Misha G Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello michaelws, thank you very much! My doubts are gone now ). I'm gonna buy it.

7. Noi

Noi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey All, for those of you who have the companion. I have an opportunity to buy one used from a guy for $1550. It's the 256 gig version. Should I do it? Apparently he bought it for a job that's done and doesn't need it any longer.

8. michaelws

I would. Love mine. You should check about the insurance for it. Either Wacom's, which is only for a year, or if you can get a Square Trade policy or something. But I love my Companion 256 and if this one is "like new" (only one job) I would go for it. Almost a 5 hundred dollar savings. Good luck.

9. Noi

Noi Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks friend. I think I just might do it. Initially I was scared of the bad that's been said about it, but there's always people who will be unsatisfied with anything. As with all consumer goods. There are always be small issues here and there. Looking at the opinions and reviews of concept artists that I admire talk greatly about it is all that should matter to me any ways.

10. michaelws

Hope it works out well for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.