Wacom Cintiq Companion Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Steve S, Sep 29, 2013.

1. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

OK I had a CC1 and sold it because I needed the cash, but not sure if I found a good deal?

512GB i7 CC1 and 3 year carepack with keyboard for $1,128.94.

Is that a good deal?

I would prefer the CC2 but it seems like the CC1 is still a good choice as the performance isn't particularly amazingly different. SO what do people think?.

2. rirawin

Any help to my question??

3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Seems a very good deal to me!
    If the machine doesn't have any manufacture defects then it's a workhorse. ;)

4. rirawin

The machine is brand new apparently, however, saying that the issue of plugged in and not charging is irking me.

5. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

That may or may never happens. Seems to be going by luck.
    I fear it too but never seen it in almost two years.

Vlad1214 and Art_N00b like this.
  6. rirawin

Yeah its frustrating I had a CC before and sold it, and now I have an offer again to sell my Yoga and get an CC1. Not sure if worth it considering mine is an i3 5500u versus an i7 3rd gen processor and performance seem on par.

7. Atnas

Atnas Pen Pal - Newbie

I sent my CC1 in 2 weeks ago after the pin broke off inside from prolonged wiggling of the cord while overheated/trying to find the perfect angle to get around plugged in not charging.

Came back today, they replaced the battery, the charging pin, the screen (or just the protector?) and I couldn't be happier!

Still, this thing is ultra dim compared to the surface pro 1 I was using in the interim. And blurry from the coating. Might go for an off brand screen protector.

8. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

Seems like we should be getting some CC3 rumors soon, no?

9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Since Wacom seems to like to ulitize the previous core gens, I wouldn't expect a Skylake CC3 update until Cannonlake cores start coming out next year.

10. Chard85

Chard85 Scribbler - Standard Member

I posted this in the CC2 thread but just noticed this thread still is still alive, so it's probably more relevant here;

Has anyone ever bought a refurbished Companion from Wacom? You can basically get a 1st gen refurb cheaper than Surface Pro 4 or iPad Pro, so it's tempting, BUT I'd wouldn't want to bother if it is still going to suffer the same problems with the charging port etc. Is it safe to assume that a refurb model would have all known problems fixed?
    Would the CC1 provide similar performance to an i5 CC2? As I understand, the CC1 might actually have better battery life and less fan noise.

Also, I'm in Australia now but will be in the UK in about a month, for several months. If something were to go wrong, would I still need to deal with Wacom Australia, or could the UK branch help?

Vlad1214 likes this.