Wacom Cintiq Companion Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Steve S, Sep 29, 2013.

1. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat
    Cmon you guys did not make a video or a photo session? :(

My cintiq 13hd which has incresingly getting more and more dust over the LCD and under the screen.

I would very much like to fix that myself with a nice airblower and then seal the inside with some duct tape to prevent dust for good...

I do know how to open and replace stuff on my macbook pro but on the cintiq I'm clueless.

2. slapstick

slapstick Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

I've just received me Companion 2 (512), and I am having an issue with Autodesk Maya and Mudbox 2016. As soon as I switch into either app, multi-touch gets disabled completely. I have verified that the "Enable multi-touch" option is checked in both apps. I have tried reinstalling, and i even tried restoring the computer completely (for a different reason, but the result is the same).

Multi-touch works fine in every other app, but if I can't get it to work in the two apps i use most often, it will be a deal breaker for me. I have seen other indications that people have faced the same issue, in Autodesk forums, with no apparent resolution.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks

3. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Will have to look into that. I haven't fired up either app or the CC2 in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. mike002

mike002 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there, I just received my 8th Cintiq Companion 2, I have had issues with all previous 7 sent, I have never actually used it, my question is about power. I charge the tablet to 100 percent, and then shut it off, but the battery still drains. This current tablet, after 5 days of not using it, and turning it back on, the power is down to 70 percent. This isn't in sleep but powered off. Does anyone have similar stories, is this just bad luck on my part? Thank you!!

5. ggh4

ggh4 Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine does the exact same thing. I think they all do. Does anyones battery not drain slowly while powered off? It is frustrating, I want to preserve my battery life as long as possible.

6. mike002

mike002 Pen Pal - Newbie

When I call in and tell a tech about it, they tell me it shouldn't be like that, and send me a new one, this will be my 9th.

7. ggh4

ggh4 Pen Pal - Newbie

Let us know if you finally get one that does not have the battery draining issue

8. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

haha, nine cc2's and u think they are all bad? dont trust techs, they dont know much. my cc2 does the same thing. all laptops use power even when turned off. but , i agree that it drains surprisingly fast. just keep it plugged in.

9. Chard85

Chard85 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thoughts on buying a refurbished CC1?
    You get i7 and 256GB at a fairly reasonable price
    I assume a refurbished model would not suffer the charging port issue
    The gen 1 model has reasonable battery life and less fan noise

10. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Dude, just keep it. You will never get a "perfect" machine. It's better to actually use a device with minor flaws than trying to play lottery with Wacom. If that is the only issue with your cc2 i would assume it is a power drain issue inherent to the device across the board. Its not uncommon for some devices to drain like that while off, though that is faster than normal.
    Sorry for your bad luck, (8 returns?!?) but i mean my t902 shipped with a bad touchscreen, but rather tthan go through endless hassle with returns i just turned off touch since i didn't use it for work anyway. I only needed the pen and the power. I paid $3000 for a 'broken' machine, or at least very flawed, but it was better to accept its shortcomings and get used to it, then lose my main work machine for months of back and forth with incompetent tech service.