Wacom Cintiq Companion Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Steve S, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

I noticed that with my old CC1. I wonder if the machine, even when powered off, stays in some sort of hibernated state in order to boot faster (my old CC1 would literally take about 2 seconds to boot).

I also noticed that every time I got a new unit from Wacom, the battery was drained on arrival. So I believe it is common for the Companions to drain battery when off for some reason.

2. BobBee

BobBee Pen Pal - Newbie

*Sigh* My CC's powerbrick gave out. The wire that goes from the brick to the CC is loose and will no longer charge. I have confirmed that this is separate than the usual charging issue. I just need a new brick.

Anyone have an idea on where to get a new power supply? It's out of stock everywhere. I took the plunge on a 3rd Party called Upbright, but I'm weary of it. It was a desperation buy because time is money for me. At any rate, if worst comes to worst and this incoming charger doesn't work, does anyone have links or testimonials of other chargers? Hell, does anyone know how to get the original?

3. CogNoman

CogNoman Pen Pal - Newbie

Arggggggh... So my CC is experiencing the "Plugged in, Not Charging" issue AGAIN!!!

This time it's giving me the error after ONE DAY. I used it for one f*cking DAY after receiving it "repaired" and now I have to send it back AGAIN. The warranty process took 2 months last time (as well as a huge waste of my ****ing time) before I got the machine back in my hands (and then I just didn't touch it again for a month because I was too busy and didn't want to have to bother re-installing my software again... and because, frankly, I just didn't trust the machine anymore.) So I finally turned it on today... and it's ****ING still broken!!!

Are we allowed to swear on this forum. Because ****!!!

There's another complication too. During the summer, I travel around, working at festivals, so my plan was to work on this machine while travelling and now that's not possible. (I had plans to work on it during this past winter too but obviously THAT couldn't happen either). I'm currently in the process of moving, but I'm not sure what my new address is going to be (I'm also considering just putting all my stuff in storage and spending the summer on the road) so I have to *first* wait to get a fixed address so they know where to mail the machine back to me and THEN I can begin this multiple-month-long process all over again. And in the meantime, I can't even work on the f*cking machine. FUCCCCKKK!!!!

Thousands of dollars out the ****ing window. Not sure what to do here.

Stay far away from Wacom, people.

4. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I too have had that problem, twice. My third Companion is still working great. When it happened the second time I called them and they agreed to ship one out as soon as I gave them the slip from UPS that the defective machine had been shipped to them. I got that within a week. Try that. Maybe try using the letter B instead of F. Many of us have felt exactly as you do right now. Don't give up.

5. PGross

PGross Scribbler - Standard Member

I posted this before but just in case--I never had the CC1 charging issue until 3 or 4 months ago when I started getting erratic charging and only when the charger was plugged in a certain way, etc. But when I plugged in a second power brick I had bought, it worked perfectly. The in connected way more tightly than the original one did. I used it with the 2nd brick with no problems until I just got a CC2, and I finally packed up the CC1 and sent it in for repair. The gist of it is I wonder if a percentage of charging issues were external charger issues and not entirely internal ones. Maybe the charger needed replacing too in a lot of these units. When you guys got you CC1's repaired did they return it with the original charger?

6. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

They sent me a new unit each time.

7. BobBee

BobBee Pen Pal - Newbie

For anyone with a caliper measuring tool, may I have some help?

This is a separate issue from the usual "plugged in not charging" issue. My power brick's cord gave out (the cat....).

Anyhow, I found a 3rd party charger and the specs are correct (65w, 3.42A, and 19V), but unfortunately, they sent me the wrong DC tip. It's swappable, so I just need the measurements for the correct DC plug.

If anyone has a caliper handy, can you take a measurement of the charging barrel's inside and outside diameter in mm? Thankyou.

8. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wacom has to be aware how widespread the problem is....and its why they complete changed the power cable and charging mechanism in the CC2. How recently have they sent you a new CC1 unit? Since the updated CC2 doesn't have this problem, has anyone tried discussing with Wacom customer service about getting a CC2 instead?

9. PGross

PGross Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't think they have any stock of CC1's anymore to do exchanges, so they will only repair the charging port. They won't exchange for a CC2.

10. ggh4

ggh4 Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone purchased a refurbished CC1 from Wacom? I am curious how well they are refurbished and if it is almost like purchasing a fresh new one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.