Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by whazzup, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

mine did the same thing this morning upon wake up from sleep. i have not used the connect feature. i was painting last night in photoshop, and put it to sleep. when i turned it on, it would flash between the desktop and the opening password screen. the only way i could get it to stop, was by a full restart. using the power button only put it to sleep and it would have the same issue upon wake up.

Maybe its a bug with the new Graphics drivers that just came out a couple days ago?

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  2. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank you for sharing your experience. Good to know it happened outside the use of Cintiq mode and may just be from the recent windows/graphics driver update.

For now, I guess we should all save work each time putting this into sleep or Cintiq mode to so we don't lose anything with forced restarts.

3. PGross

PGross Scribbler - Standard Member

So my CC2 is calming down, fan-wise. I dumped Windows 10 for now because it's buggy yet, and went back to 8.1. The only major problem is that the touch seems overly sensitive and palm rejection is working poorly. I always wear a smudgeguard glove with my cintiqs, and that has always eliminated errant touch issues. But I keep getting random touches from palm and knuckle through the glove. I even double gloved and still got the random touches. Anyone else noticing touch sensitivity?

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  4. Plognark

Plognark Scribbler - Standard Member

Actually, the same thing is happening on my CC1 after the latest driver updates. I also use a glove to keep skin oil and sweat from smudging up the screen. Used to be able to brush dust off of it without any input, but now it does detect the edge of my palm as if it were a single finger stroke through the glove. I don't think this is specific to the CC2, it's probably touch screen driver related.

5. Dex1

Dex1 Pen Pal - Newbie

It may be a good idea to start tweeting and messaging Windows and Wacom support about their driver issues if this is the problem.

6. PGross

PGross Scribbler - Standard Member

I connected it in Cintiq mode to my iMac and it has the same touch issue.

7. ramosdesign75

ramosdesign75 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am getting the same results here on CC1 512 as well. I assume the gloves are no longer usable due to the now hyper sensitive driver. Possible solution: Anyone know of a hotkey script that can at least keep a section (opposite side of your drawimg hand) of the screen available to do touch gestures or make more buttons to remedy the unwanted marks on the art onscreen? Currently I am just working with the touch turned off completely.

8. gian-reto

gian-reto Pen Pal - Newbie

If you just want to see the sensory data:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPU-Z
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPU-Z

If you want to tweak, you need other tools (OC Tools basically):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overclocking#Graphics_cards
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Maybe the speedFan Tool is what you are looking for?

9. Axiom

Axiom Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah same thing here. I just setup one of my wacom pop up shorcut buttons (can't remember name for the life of me atm) things to turn off touch when I work. I honestly don't use touch while arting.

10. carry86

carry86 Pen Pal - Newbie

hi all. just an update. i definitely LOVE my CC2 512. i work on the go in maya and it works like a charm. so far i get close to 3hours on the battery and i am on high performance. :)
    i don't use touch so i didn't experience your issues but hopefully the driver will be updated soon and correct this..
    Happy ! :D

Dex1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.