Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by whazzup, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Supposedly, this is supported by WiGig in Intel's Skylake platform, which "enables high performance wireless data, display and audio applications".

WiGig is reportedly releasing later this year, but given how long it's taking Broadwell devices to hit the market, I bet probably going to be pushed back to 2016. :(

As for how long it will take Wacom to release a wireless Cintiq once the technology is available, hmm, maybe give it 3-5 years. :p

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    Illustrator76 likes this.
  2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

... And after that it will still have all sort of bugs. :vbrolleyes:

Illustrator76 likes this.
  3. nataku

nataku Pen Pal - Newbie

a wireless HDMI... I predict that it would be too laggy for things like pen input...maybe watching movies and browsing the net, but I don't think it would be at this point practical for drawing.

4. carry86

carry86 Pen Pal - Newbie

hi there ! so i received mine today, and installed my apps now. creative cloud and maya.
    so far.. so good ! the fans kicks in yep but actually less than i thought once everything has been installed. It performs pretty good in maya. certainly not to render but that is not the point of that kind of device. i can work on my animations on the go and it looks pretty good! the playback is a bit slow but a playblast will work and i can go through the frames manually without any issue.
    i will need to use it a bit to have a better idea but work now this is a keeper for me.
    I start to work "on the go" tomorrow, so we will see how it goes. for battery life yea it isn't that much but i am fine with 2 hours. i will get a solar charger.. lol ;) and this mainly to go between places where i can plug it so.. should be good on that side too.
    i had a hybrid before so being completely different i can't really compare except that it is thinner and lighter :D

Dex1 likes this.
  5. PGross

PGross Scribbler - Standard Member

Update on cintiq mode with Mac. I got an active mini display port to hdmi adapter that can handle the full resolution of the CC2 and it works great. Perfect image on the CC2 this time.

6. Massimiliano1276

Massimiliano1276 Pen Pal - Newbie

The companion 2 has cable wacom connect with hdmi input I right ?
    There are cameras and photo cameras for the transmitters hdmi type
    http://www.paralinx.net/store/paralinx-arrow
    or
    http://www.paralinx.net/store/tomahawk
    These transmitters are used to guide the drones and the gimbal and transmit a signal FULL HD video without any latency should not be good for the companion 2 ?

7. carry86

carry86 Pen Pal - Newbie

and so... after working "on the go" this morning.. working perfect ! :D even the playback now runs real time. i love it! and i actually really don't mind the fan noise if it kicks in.. which actually didn't happen yet.

Dex1 likes this.
  8. nick67

nick67 Pen Pal - Newbie

When I first received the CC2, it was VERY loud, like an airplane - like a lot of people said. Even when I just started Google Chrome, it would make the fans run very loud. I upgraded to Windows 10 and after the install and copying everything it makes very minimal to no sound.

So, for me and other users this has been a very nice improvement. I don't really know why it works in some cases and in others not, but in my case it has worked. I'm a Graphic Designer, and yesterday I was working with 5 files open in Illustrator CC, 2 Files in Photoshop CC, and Chrome with many windows, still no fan sound. If you already have a Companion2, try it. I anyways like Win10 much more than Win8.1 - I think Win8 pushes the computer to work too much all the time.

I hope this review helps![/QUOTE]
    Hi I not sure sure I want to keep this toy, the battery life is ridiculous and the fan are really bothering me....i have my t902 by side and it can perform the same task without engaging the fan at all!!
    I do now what to think...
    Btw I am wondering how or where did you get Win 10? on MS website is not available yet...

9. nataku

nataku Pen Pal - Newbie

lol you just linked a $900 and $7000 wireless HDMI system to be used for a $1500 - $2500 system...
    Sure, that is good enough for the CC2. But who on earth would spend that much?

10. nataku

nataku Pen Pal - Newbie

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-faq

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.