Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by whazzup, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Swiftyspade

Swiftyspade Pen Pal - Newbie

So my CC2 is getting the not charging issue. Contacted wacom a few months ago, they said that doesn't exist in the CC2 models, but to monitor it. Since they deleted all my registered cintiqs off my account I had to find the old shipping label to show proof I bought it. The tech said he would have to look into and send me an email to validate my warranty because all my products were deleted. Have yet to het an email or call back. I like the fact that this isn't the first time they deleted my registered products. Think its a ploy to avoid validating their warranties for their s***** products.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2018
  2. Jayjapanb

Jayjapanb Pen Pal - Newbie

Could be a corrupted driver issue. When I was looking into fixing battery saver for my Surface Pro updating the battery driver helped. Also I think I remember bumping into people with plugged in not charging where it was also fixed by the driver.
    I had the issue on my old CC2 and it just went away within the day and never happened again. Good luck!

3. Inkcredulous

Inkcredulous Pen Pal - Newbie

Wacom Cintiq Companion not charging

I bought my Wacom Cintiq companion in 2015… Just barely 3 years ago, and it has had very minimal use. I didn’t get into digital drawing the way I had hoped to, so it basically got used as a spare laptop for a few minutes in the morning, a couple days a week. Virtually no wear and tear. Then about a month ago it stopped charging when plugged in. I tried everything but within a week the unit went from the red light of doom, to dead... no light, no power. After googling it and reading countless reports of the same issue, a solder break or bad wiring in the power supply jack, and seeing that Wacom was forced to deal with it, I contacted them to see what could be done. The support guy asked me to describe the problem in detail, and insisted that it wasn’t necessarily “that issue“ (which they’ve had to cover for an extended 3 year period) and that it could be software or any number of other things. Without having determined any definite cause for the issue, he sent a follow-up email saying he would “need to set up a non-warranty repair on this product. The repair cost is $885 US.” This is without even knowing for sure what the issue is! And he said I would have to pay for shipping to Wacom.

So, to review, three years ago I bought a new Wacom Cintiq Companion for just over $2000 Cdn, and now, due to a problem inherent in these units, they want me to pay more than half the price of the unit again (about $1100 Cnd) to fix whatever may be wrong with it. So essentially, I now have a $2000 doorstop.

Except that I took the suggestion of one of the other commenters on these forums, went to a local electronics shop a few blocks away that does microsoldering repairs on cell phones tablets etc., and they fixed it for $50 bucks. CDN.

I leave it to anyone out there to try to figure out how Wacom justifies demanding a mind-boggling $1000 bucks upfront for a repair job they haven’t even seen but they really know is their fault. My take-away is Wacom does not stand behind their products. This experience has completely destroyed my faith in Wacom.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  4. Jayjapanb

Jayjapanb Pen Pal - Newbie

FYI this is the CC2 thread, which doesn't exhibit the same charging issue (IIRC?)
    That said, yeah, that's crap. They should fix it because it is a known issue. $885US is also crap.
    They fixed my 24HD for $300USD, including shipping they organised both ways. And that thing weighs 30kg and is freaking giant.

$885USD is insane. I sold my 512gb 16gb ram Cintiq Companion 2 for $100 less than that.
    Their service reports are so patchy...

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...went to a local electronics shop...and they fixed it for $50 bucks...>>

...What did they repair? The AC adapter or the Cintiq Companion?

6. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

Most likely the port on the CC. Its the weakest point of the equation.

This is why I never buy Wacom computers anymore, with the exception of the hybrid because its just too banged up to sell.

Had a CC, CC2, and mobilestudio all have been utter letdowns.