Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by whazzup, Jan 6, 2015.

1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I just had a new motherboard put in on my CC1. Wacom covered the shipping and the repair was free. It was still under warranty. Got it back just yesterday.

2. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

Quick question please regarding connecting to the PC.

Does the CC2 have to be booted into Windows and then you connect using the cable to the PC?.

Or can I simply plug it in and press power on the CC2

3. vagabond95

vagabond95 Pen Pal - Newbie

Differences from the pro pen 1 and 2 ?? Did u have noticed something apart the 4x levels pressure??

4. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

pro pen 2 had less parallax. i can notice the increased pressure levels, but its not significantly better than pro pen 1.

textured glass on the MSP with pro pen 2 is much nicer than the old screen protector like the CC2 had.

5. CameronTM

CameronTM Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't compare the two as I don't have the Pro Pen 1, but I did recently get an Art Pen, a Classic Pen and an Airbrush Pen to try out on the MSP16 to see if they were any less wavy while drawing slowly. From my tests so far there isn't a difference as far as the waviness goes. I can tell a slight difference in pressure, but it's really minimal, then again that may be because some programs don't support all the pressure. I use CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, and Sketchbook Pro. I just did a quick test in Sketchbook with the 4 Pens, you can see that the Art Pen and the Airbrush Pens don't have as smooth of a gradient from one shade to the next, and then you'll notice on the Classic Pen that it gets to it's thickest point about halfway through the stroke. One thing I do notice about the Pro Pen 2 however is that my index finger often hits the right click button accidentally. The Classic Pen has the buttons further back and isn't as thick, so I haven't had a problem with hitting the right click (and I think it's even more comfortable), however the pen tends to rotate slightly in my hand while I'm using it. Also, the standard nib on the Pro Pen 2 can sometime make an awful scratching sound on the MSP, I'm trying out some felt tips now, the one it came with didn't last a day when I let me kids try the tablet out when I first got it.

Attached Files:

vagabond95 likes this.
  6. vagabond95

it is really diff between CC2 and MSP??
    Doubt on buying one, but i dont know really in real life the differences and if its worth buying MSP

7. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

probably not if you are happy with the cc2. i upgraded because i disliked the noise and small 13" size of the CC2. real world differences i notice was decreased parallax and better quality screen.

i still use my art pen allot because i like the real time rotation more than the increased pressure sensitivity.

8. vagabond95

Thanks
    Ankward question
    Cc2 can use nvme? May with bios update, may with bios hack?? Thanks

9. vagabond95

Also i think this is really a speculation, but i know something.
    We could try to undervolt a little our i5 4258u or just the i7 core or the i3 one, to -70 offset and try and benchmark too see if it will be stable.
    On my i5 6200u laptop, i gained -100voltage, 10 celsius, and no fan hurting my ears.
    May this help a lot with fan speed?? Try out guys. Just download Intel XTU.

10. Swiftyspade

Swiftyspade Pen Pal - Newbie

So my CC2 is getting the not charging issue. Contacted wacom a few months ago, they said that doesn't exist in the CC2 models, but to monitor it. Since they deleted all my registered cintiqs off my account I had to find the old shipping label to show proof I bought it. The tech said he would have to look into and send me an email to validate my warranty because all my products were deleted. Have yet to het an email or call back. I like the fact that this isn't the first time they deleted my registered products. Think its a ploy to avoid validating their warranties for their s***** products.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2018