Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by whazzup, Jan 6, 2015.

1. fofa

fofa Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh man i heard it was pretty expensive hhh
    Well a d*** friend is always a d*** friend,, i was return it back to them but i did contact the online retailer they purchased from and I suppose that i have 2 months left on the warranty and i got to print it out

still i hope thats a good thing ??

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2016
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you have 2 months left of the warranty I would get on that asap. For my CC2.....Wacom wants almost $800 for the repair.....which frankly I'm not gonna pay. I tried cracking it open a few times to see if I could fix it on my own. by tinkering with the display ribbons...but thats a no go.....you have to dismantle the insides completely to even get to the internal connections of the display ribbons, provided thats event the problem at all. After my 3 attempt....I just gave up.

3. Leucaruth

Leucaruth Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all.

Im having a problem with Autodesk Sketchbook 2016 on my CC2, the cursor lags A LOT. I'm not having these problems with programs like Clip Studio or Photoshop. Do anyone knows if this is a problem with this program? or maybe its that the CC2 doesnt like it? :S

I thought about formatting, but Im not sure if I should... I know Windows 8.1 has a feature to reinstall the OS from the recovery partition but, does it really do a full format? or just reinstalls it?

If any kind soul could give me a hand in this matter, I would really appreciate it :)

4. JulianB

JulianB Pen Pal - Newbie

I stumbled across the same exact problem a few months ago when My Os. (win10) updated. At first, I couldn't stand the fact that a cc2 could not handle such simple app like sketchbook pro but after sometime I ended up getting used to it.
    My patience was rewarded when the Os updated once again and problem solved!.
    I would suggest trying to update win8.1 or go to system recovery and see what happens...
    Performance drop issues are common... I use sketchbook only when needed. And this app is full of bugs and problems... try another version of sketchbook if you can.

5. Leucaruth

Thanks ^^ I'll try another version and see if this gets better, as I don't like too much W10 and I have W8.1 up to date.

I, personally, like Sketchbook a lot. I feel like drawing on paper, as I haven't got used to draw on the CC2 yet.

I'll post around here if I get it to work properly.

6. Lightnin

Lightnin Pen Pal - Newbie

Be wary of the charging issue that these can develop. I bought one for my daughter and it doesn't charge any more. And get this..... Wacom say that its because of the battery inside the unit and it is only covered for 6 months. They state that its a 'consumable item' so it doesn't fall within the same 1 year warranty as the rest of the unit, even though the unit is completely sealed and theres no way to change it except send it back for a very costly repair and pay for all shipping cost to and from Germany! I argued that its the same fault that befell the cintiq companion 1 which had a faulty charging port. They extended the warranty for anyone with the fault by 2 years. (Theres actually an article on there website about it). But alas they're trying to telling me its a battery fault an i have to pay to get it fixed. Shocking tactics by Wacom and considering i paid £1400 for this thing i find it down right disgusting. Needless to say i've now reported them to the European commission and the've got back to me to send it to them for 'Investigation' LOL!! Sorry for the long post, just thought i'd make other people aware of the amazing customer support that Wacom offer for there very expensive items. Rant over.

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...the unit is completely sealed and theres no way to change it except send it back for a very costly repair...>>

...Under the circumstances, you might be better off buying an external battery. Not as nice as having the CC2 work properly, but at least you'd be mobile.

I don't know much about the CC2's power needs, but take a look at mikegyver to see if one of their batteries might work for your daughter...

www.mikegyver.com

8. Leucaruth

Are you in Europe? Because I have a problem with my CC2 (Or so I think) where the battery drains when the device is off. I thought it was a battery problem and contacted Wacom as the CC2 is still in warranty (2 years here). They didnt complain and I sent the CC2 for repairing, where they changed my battery, free of charge.

The problem is that the battery still drains off when the CC2 is switched off for some weeks. Someone told me to disable Fast Boot mode in windows 8/10 as it's the most common cause of it and so I did, but the battery keeps acting the same :S.

In the user's manual of the CC2 says that the device should be charged at least once each month. So im beggining to think that its a normal thing, but if someone else could confirm it with me I would really appreciate it.

Anyone else experienced it?

9. Jayjapanb

Jayjapanb Pen Pal - Newbie

Your country might have laws to disregard their warranty.
    In Australia we have laws which give most items at least an effective warranty of two years (batteries included) even though they will quote a "1 year warranty" for us as well.

Good luck though! You deserve much better service!

On a side note: I've had mine for two years with moderate use. Only once did I get plugged in not charging and that was fixed with a restart or two. I forget as it was a long time ago.
    Either way I think you just got a bad one. I don't think they are inherently bad.

10. Jimbotron

Jimbotron Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone wanna go in on a little class-action?

The consistent, ever-present problems with Wacom hardware are criminal. Maybe literally, if we're lucky.