Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by whazzup, Jan 6, 2015.

1. tobase

tobase Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, that's kind of a problem. I'm pretty much out of the country already and will be living here for the next 2 years. It's a lot expensive to do an international shipping just to get the CC2 fixed.

2. tobase

tobase Pen Pal - Newbie

3. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

Having trouble tracking down in this gigantic thread whether there's been any kind of fix for the fan noise. Thanks!

4. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

yeah download intel XTU, downclock the cpu and turn the TDP to 15. it will still paint pretty fast and the fan never will spin up past idle. i posted some info in this thread year ago. i no longer have a CC2 though. sold it.

5. JulianB

JulianB Pen Pal - Newbie

I was wondering if a standard grip pen (from my old intuos 4) is compatible with my CC2. Wacom's webpage says so, it says it's compatible and I tryed my grip pen BUT I doesn't work well... I mean, it recognizes it but it doesnt draw or click.... Is there a fix for this!? I do have my Pro pen with me, Im just curious if I can make it work, that's all....

6. JulianB

JulianB Pen Pal - Newbie

I want to make an update about my experiencie so far with this device. I own a CC2 since August and so far everything has been working smoothly. I illustrate backgrounds and animate when needed, my main programs are photoshop, illustrator, sketchbook pro etc. But since I had the chance to upgrade from win 8.1 to 10 performance has been compromised. I'm experiencing really high cpu temperatures ( 60-80ºc), and worst of all, pen lag latency or whatever you folks call this. Each stroke I draw takes a few miliseconds to process and show up on the canvas, and this is really a problem for me while I'm drawing. I tryed everything except downgrading from 10 to win8.... And for those who wonder, yes I have the i7 256gb cc2 model, high performace enabled, with all gpu-cpu-wacom drivers up to date. This should not happen, I became an unhappy customer. I still have faith that there will be an updated driver that will fix this lag issue in the near future.
    And one more thing, wacom should warn their customers not to place the stand backwards, I've spent more than an hour trying to figure out how hell I could detach the stand that I accidentaly placed backwards....after several tries I manged to succesfully detach the stand without breaking it... what the hell wacom.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    WillAdams likes this.
  7. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ok.......The Screen on my Cintiq Companion 2 just died

Was drawing with it one moment.....and then the next the Screen when all green and static distorted....(like a TV on without a signal)

I turned it off.....and no matter what I can't get the screen itself back on....the light on the side by the power port is indicating the tablet is on....but the screen itself just won't turn on.

I've had it for over a year (3/2015)....so the Wacom 1 year Warrenty is no longer an option

I tried Cintiq Connect mode......Screen still won't turn on

I even tried hooking it up to an external monitor.....can't get either the main screen or a 2nd screen to turn on.

Has anyone ever encountered this, or know a fix for it?

8. JulianB

JulianB Pen Pal - Newbie

FYI Latest win10 cumulative update has fixed some mayor performance issues ( at least in my particular situation). I'm not struggling with pen lag or cpu problems, just heat as usual. Everything seems back to normal, now I'm wondering if I should keep updating my OP.

Sad to read the story above, I can't imagine any possible fix, have you managed to fix your problem?

For those who still have win7 I must clarify that cintiq mode with the CC2 won't recognize touch features, I suggest moving to win 8.1 or 10.

9. fofa

fofa Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem here,, i got my cintiq companion 2 from a friend and they never mentioned that it was broken?? And i want to send it to wacom for repairs and i can't without the warranty that they lost :')
    I don't know what to do anymore

10. Jayjapanb

Jayjapanb Pen Pal - Newbie

You can send it but they will charge you for shipping, parts and labour. I sent in a 3 year old 24HD with no original proof of purchase. Worst part was the shipping costs on that one.

Edit: Sounds like your friend dicked you.