Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by whazzup, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Jayjapanb

Jayjapanb Pen Pal - Newbie

If you can get the newer i7 it's better. Other than maybe the gpu though I don't think it would matter that much. That said I have the 4558u so don't take my word for it.
    I would have gone the 512 but it was a late release and I needed it earlier. I just ended up upgrading my 256gb a fair bit.

Wacom changed the processor for the 256gb after the 512 was released, however which one you get is a bit of a crapshoot.

The latest version of CC has rotate, zoom and pan(abeit with awful two finger swipe undo/redo gestures).

2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

That's because touch gestures are supported only since CC2014, nothing will change even if you use the Cintiq Companion 2.

CC2014 and CC2015.5 (the last update from these past weeks) don't have that useless two finger undo/redo gesture.
    CC2015.5 in particular has a three finger swipe for undo/redo. ;)

3. JulianB

JulianB Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been searching around and found out that they changed the i7 256 CC2 model's name from DTH-W1310M (Intel® Core™ i7-4558U processor, 2.8 GHz) to DTH-W1310P (3.1 GHz Core i7-4558U). I think that's what has been bugging me out. Same processor, different clock speeds?..
    Either way I can't pay 2500us$ for a CC2.

Great then, I guess We'll have to update our adobes right now!

Everything ok with win10 update right? Any issues?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  4. Jayjapanb

Jayjapanb Pen Pal - Newbie

I had issues at launch which were ironed out but nothing for a long time.

5. kota

kota Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there, I'd really need help for Companion 2 desktop mode. How do I turn it off when is working like a simple cintiq?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  6. JulianB

JulianB Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally! The package arrived a few days ago, on time, with a brand new CC2 (256gb version or dthw1310P)and we bought it from amazon. For our surprise, we recieved a better product than expected, with a different i7 processor fifth generation (5557U instead of the 4558U) and even a more powerful intel iris onboard video card (6100 intead of 5100). Everything is working ok. So, if anyone is planning on buying this baby go for it! And always keep in mind that amazon's product specifications aren't accurate...

Oh, and sure, this thing runs really hot, reaching temperatures between 55-80°c (140-180 fahrenheit) using high performance mode with no editing software on, I repeat I'm not even working with or any program not even gaming just scrolling around the desktop!
    That's boiling hot for a brand new tablet.... if you ask me.
    And that's my only complain, besides the price tag.

I still think it's way too expensive, but If you compare this machine against a professional camara, It's still cheaper.
    And as always I really appreciate the help that I received from this forum and kind users! :)

Edit:
    Has anybody tried updating the intel iris graphic drivers? Is it beneficial in some way? After reading this message from intel's webpage : "Intel provides generic versions of software and drivers. Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes." I don't feel encoured enough to make such decision and probably make matters worse... Any suggestions?
    and I've forgot to say that I'm on windows 10

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  7. JulianB

JulianB Pen Pal - Newbie

You won't able to turn your cc2 off... it needs to be on while on display/cintiq mode.

I haven't been able to use the touch features while on cintiq mode, I guess it has something to do with my notebook's video card (gtx660m nvidia). I can use the pen though, but not been able to rotate/flick/move the canvas is rather dissaponting... I'm sure there's a way to fix this issue....by the way this happens with photoshop cc 2015 and corel painter, except sketchbook that thing works anywhere haha...

8. tobase

tobase Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, I finally bought myself a CC2 a few months ago. Just this morning though, I saw a bunch of dust particles in it. It seemed to be trapped under the glass. Is there any way to clean it, like dismantling it or something?

Also, I am planning on buying a screen protector for it. I'm thinking of either POSRus or Photodon, but I'm not sure which one is better?

9. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

If you have dust under the glass contact wacom as soon as possible with pictures of your problem, be firm and make them exchange your machine under warranty. It's the only feasible solution.

10. tobase

tobase Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, that's kind of a problem. I'm pretty much out of the country already and will be living here for the next 2 years. It's a lot expensive to do an international shipping just to get the CC2 fixed.