Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' started by whazzup, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Here's the study that I was talking about (Post #4024 in the Surface Pro 3 Discussion Thread in the Microsoft forum):

Regarding a recent problem with a water-logged AC adapter, and the recommendation to put it in a container of rice:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/14/9326035/can-rice-actually-save-your-wet-phone

"In the experimental measurements, slightly more water was lost to evaporation simply by leaving the waterlogged device in an open room than by enclosing it in a container of rice..."

Bottom line is it's an urban myth...

Jayjapanb likes this.
  2. Jayjapanb

Jayjapanb Pen Pal - Newbie

Works now!
    I became impatient and already bought a Classic Pen though. Should be interesting to see how I like the smaller barrel over time.
    I found out I can get cheap stuff through my study institution because they have a "Wacom Pro Store" as part of the place. So it was $70AUD for a Classic Pen as opposed to $114AUD on Wacom's Australian store.

Thinking of subbing out the wifi card. The stock one is having troubles connecting to the school network. May as well upgrade to AC while I'm at it.
    Any recommendations? I think I know what connector and size I need so I can probably work it out on my own.

Edit: Yeah, I was kind of in a rush to finish home work. The rice thing doesn't surprise me though. I don't usually believe every urban myth I was just short of time.
    Thanks for the clarification, Steve.

3. VirgileLoth

VirgileLoth Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

I just bought a Cintiq Companion 2, i7 256.
    And its already crashing constantly. I keep having this error:
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

I tried to reinstall windows several times, and also tried upgrading to windows 10. Still the error persist.
    This seems to be related to a hardware failure. This is really disappointing, when you pay this much for a product you expect it to work... Any idea how this could be fixed ?? Anyone else got this problem ?

Heres a screenshot of the bug.

http://cdn.windowsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/whea_uncorrectable_error_windows_8.jpg

Thanks

4. Riccardo

Riccardo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,
    i've lost my ac adapter and i haven't found one in my country, i just bought a compatible one but the power connector is too big. I saw online that the original one is much smaller than mine so i'm searching for a kind of reducer.
    Anyone knows which measures the original power connector has? (like 5.5x2.5mm, 5.5x2.1mm, 5.00x3.00mm etc.)

Thank you, I'm hoping someone will help me

5. cheya

cheya Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

12 days ago I bought a Cintiq Companion 2 and the screen has stopped working all of a sudden today. Blank. I can reboot the device, I hear the windows welcome sound, but the screen wouldn't turn on. If I plug the device into an external monitor, I can see and navigate the OS. The touch function works and it looks normal except that the CC2 screen displays nothing. I have restored the device to factory settings. The screen display is still blank.

Please, what can I do? And has anybody else have/had the same issue? Thanks!

6. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

That happened to me with my first Cintiq Companion 1 the day it was delivered to me. Seemed like there was a poor connection to the LCD screen somewhere inside, as squeezing the edges of the glass caused it to cut in and out for a short while, until it went out completely and I had to return it for a new one.

I am really sad to hear the Companions still have a decent number of defects, I was hoping generation 2 would do much better than the first.

7. cheya

cheya Pen Pal - Newbie

Did they give you a new unit as replacement? How long did it take to get the new one?

8. JulianB

JulianB Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello people!
    I'm really concerned about the "sharpening/compressed" image quality when using the CC2 like a secondary display or as a cintiq display instead of a tablet.
    Since Browsing 130 pages of pros/cons/details/suggestion about this device has really been a fantastic source of information, I still haven't haven't figured it out if this compressed image thing is still an issue. I'm planning on using a CC2 (i7/256gb ver.) also as a secondary display with a Pc running win7. Will I get this issue too?
    Please, somebody, help???

9. Jayjapanb

Jayjapanb Pen Pal - Newbie

Works fine on 10.
    I heard people were only having issues with OSX.

10. JulianB

JulianB Pen Pal - Newbie

Good news then... Thanks!
    Bad news for Osx users though.

Happy to know that this Thread is still alive.
    I have another question: (I know this should be posted on the CC1 Thread but well...)
    My mates and I have 3 CC1s, the 3 of them are using Win 8.1, none of them are capable of rotating canvas on Photoshop CC (not the 2014/2015 vers.) using the touch features! and I'm not even talking about CS6. We can only zoom in/out with glitchy awful results (like canvas flying all around the place or misplacing itself). Is there a solution to this? I hope this doesn't happen to the CC2 we plan on getting!
    This unconfortable situation only happens while we are using Photoshop, this is not the case while using Sketchbook Pro (for example).

Amazon.com sells the 3.1 GHz Core i7-4558U (256gb ver.). Is this i7 old? That would be a 4th generation processor, but some users got the 5th generation processor... Did wacom changed the i7 processor? This is what they claim they are selling right now on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Cintiq-Companion-Intel-256GB/dp/B015JTML12/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41JoF4h+i6L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&psc=1&refRID=7DXX6TPVQN2Y4AGK7X6G
    I usually find amazon quite misleading !...Or they don't specify the specs right :vbconfused:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016