Wacom Cintiq alternatives - A closer look

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by whazzup, Dec 14, 2011.

1. chocow8s

chocow8s Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, looking forward to it!

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just received the XP-Pen Artist 16 pen display to review. Haven't hooked it up yet, but positive first impression: nicely built, with eight express keys in chassis. Lots of extras: two pens, 8 nibs, screen protector, glove, all for $489.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  3. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Anyone know the Vendor ID for UC Logic? The XP-Pen's active pen is compatible with displays I have on hand from Huion and Yiynova. But I don't want to assume they're all using UC Logic, which markets its own pen displays under the Artisul brand.

4. crazycat

crazycat Pen Pal - Newbie

I finaly pulled the trigger and ordered a Yiynova mvp20U+FE. New 20inch full HD MVA display with remote and stand included for 2730 yuan (~403$) bought off yinova's taobao, adding a matte screen protector and forwarding service and it's about 470$ for a full package, price is too good to pass up.

The reason I wait until the FE come out is because they got rid of the undetachable cord design that just screamed Murphy's law in the previous version. Though some reviewer complained that the connection is a bit loose, i would rather buy a new cable than sending the big, bulky thing oversea for repair.

This is the first time I bought a screen this big, so excited. Just hopefully it won't ruin smaller screen for me.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 3:09 AM
    surfaceproartist likes this.