Wacom Cintiq 27QHD issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fluffyfurball, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi everyone, I know that the Wacom CIntiq 27QHD isn't very popular around these parts, which may be a good thing. If anyone is interested in purchasing one, though, please be aware of a possible issue with the Cintiq going dead, dead, DEAD about a year into service. Luckily, mine is on warranty, but shipping that monster with the hassle and lost time and work involved is not happy fun. My unit is connected to a UPS at all times and the power brick seems fine.

On the Wacom EU forum there are about eight other users reporting the same problem occurring at around the same time. I doubt that is a coincidence. Wacom tech support are vey nice folks, but very slow: it took me some days of emails and long-distance calls to even get the RMA. Also, no one has apologised that my $2500 tablet went dead, which would have been nice to hear. I am left with the feeling that the company doesn't seem to give a damn - like they're doing me a favour by offering warranty service, or something.

This is not the first time I have had problems with their Cintiqs, but it will be the last.

crazycat likes this.
  2. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Scribbler - Standard Member

An update: the unit returned from repair. The main PCB had to be replaced. Another user on the Wacom Europe forum had his Cintiq 27 PCB replaced as well only yesterday. Oh well.