Wacom Cintiq 16

Discussion in 'Artists' started by doobiedoobiedum, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

Marty likes this.
  2. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Now that Wacom has entered the 1080p budget market with the 16" - the alternatives have to really up their game. All good for the customer so I'll be interested to see how this tablet's performance stands up against the cheaper Cintiq.

3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And Wacom makes another supprising move. They now have a 22-inch Cintiq (Non Pro)

Compared to the old pricing back when the $2k 21ux and the 1K 12wx were a thing.....$1200 for a 22-inch isn't that bad I guess....but it has the same specs as the 16-incher...same screen res too....and still no express keys or Multi-touch This also doesn't have built in legs like the 16....but presumably the stand comes with it I guess?

Cintiq pro 22.JPG

wytn, Marty and thatcomicsguy like this.
  4. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

And here's Lisa's look:

I am a little disappointed at no laminated screen and somewhat bulky backside:
    [​IMG]

If Dell can make a 27" drawing monitor like this while hitting 280 nits, why does Wacom need something that thick with fan grills to only hit 210 nits? :confused:

Still, I'm glad Wacom is reacting...hopefully Wacom will be the one to introduce touch models (prompting Chinese makers to follow suit) and then we can all enjoy the full, low-cost drawing experience. :D

wytn and thatcomicsguy like this.