Wacom Cintiq 16

Discussion in 'Artists' started by doobiedoobiedum, Jan 8, 2019.

1. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wow, he's rated it above the Cintiq 16...

http://bradcolbow.com/reviews/wacom-cintiq-alternatives.html

Things are perking up really well for the consumer; for too many years we had sucky EMR1 on tabletpcs or sell one of your children to buy a Cintiq. Now we have really competitively priced drawing kit which works really well at the reach of most budding digital creatives.

If I hadn't bought a zbook I would be ordering an XP-Pen 15.6 Pro right now... just to clarify - I'm loving my zbook and wouldn't swap. I was just lucky to get the 16GB model for $920 new

thatcomicsguy and Cuberdon75 like this.
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Does it have Multi-touch? I can't find it mentioned anywhere on its product page....I'm assuming not. The lack of Express Keys and lack of Multi-touch are my biggest turn offs with the Cintiq 16.....the lack of Multi-touch here would certainly be less of a mark against it due to the cheaper price and express keys. That built in dial also looks pretty interesting.

3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

No multitouch I'm afraid, but seeing as how they checked off laminated display and tilt in one go, I wouldn't be surprised if this shows up within the next couple of iterations by Chinese OEMs.

At this rate, we might even see them implement those new-fangled 4K OLEDs in a couple of years, once they (hopefully) hit the excess panel supply market. ;)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    thatcomicsguy and neongolden like this.
  4. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No multi-touch, Huion and XP-Pen seem to be using a touch bar approach: on the Huion I remember the large rectangular button in the express keys worked really well for zoom but there was no hardware rotate. (Some software has on screen buttons to rotate the image) but the XP-Pen seems to combine those two functions - I am presuming screen rotate is the reason for the circular touch bar. I'll have to watch some videos again.

5. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is up. I really liked it. I am also very weary of XP devices and reviews. There is a reason I don't review them.

6. axel9546

axel9546 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys!
    Could anyone test if the xp pen or wacom 16 flicker display or they are flicker free?

u can just do a slow motion video of display :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2019
  7. Burgundy

Burgundy Scribbler - Standard Member

Pretty sure it is flicker free, did do a video test at 60% speed, no flicker. And it's pretty easy to notice flicker normally. mostly it's more about how low the lighting can go before it starts, isn't it? Remember my old monitor couldn't go below 80 brightness or it would commence slight flicker.

8. axel9546

Is this the wacom 16? Would be amazing because i tried a 27 qhd and a 22 hd and they were both flickering. But if you say this i might consider to buy the wacom and sell my ipad pro.
    Dont get me wrong, ipad is an amazing device.. but apple pencil is not the pro pen 2.
    Ps i currently own a dell canvas 27 and its amazing. But i use osx and i dont like the pen, so im selling it

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2019
  9. Burgundy

Burgundy Scribbler - Standard Member

Ah yes sorry, it's the Wacom 16.

Still got my ipad pro, 2017 12.9", I somehow still love sketching on it more.

So it kind of depends on what brushes you got set up, I still am searching for brushes that give me the same sketch feeling as on my ipad pro procreate sketch brushes.
    But yeah the pro pen 2 is amazing of Wacom's series.

10. axel9546

I am really in doubt im seyimg so many reviews of the 16 pro and also 24pro .. they seem to not flicker from the video. Instead 22 and 27 they do.
    Can anyone tell me if a 24 pro and a 16 pro use pwm flickering? Just testing with a slowmotion video?