Wacom Bamboo Feel Pen - Carbon

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Steve S, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watchdog

watchdog Scribbler - Standard Member

I remember those pens, hated the constant cleaning.
    I contemplated getting one of these EM pens until I realized they didnt have erasers. I recently purchased the Samsung S pen from AT&T;
    Amazon.com: Samsung Stylus S Pen with Eraser for Samsung GALAXY Note & Samsung GALAXY Note 2 II - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Although AT&T charged me $40.00 for it.
    It's light and plastic, but it has an eraser as well as the same extra tips.
    All of these pens will work with any tablet PC with a Wacom digitizer as I use mine on both my Galaxy Note (phablet) and mt ATIVE 500.

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

That's too funny that the carbon fiber version is the heaviest version! It's a fantastic looking stylus, but I can't do without the second button. I don't use the eraser, I use that second button instead because it's much faster.

3. Pianomanos

Pianomanos Scribbler - Standard Member

I bought a Bamboo Feel pen at an electronics store after I lost my SP pen and needed a replacement right away. I find it to be not only more comfortable, but I could swear it's more accurate (maybe that's only in my mind), especially with the softer nib. The only drawback is, no eraser. Also, only one button, some aftermarket pens have two.

The store also had the carbon fiber one that Steve S tried, which for me is far too heavy. It was obvious picking it up in the store that it was too heavy to use. It's also twice as expensive. Not sure what Wacom was thinking. Also in "what were they thinking," as Steve S noted, Wacom has three completely separate and incompatible technologies, all called Bamboo, and only the Bamboo Feel works with tablet PCs.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  4. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

l also bought a Bamboo Feel Pen this past week. I have to admit it feels nice to write with.
    After calibrating it with the latest Wacom driver it is VERY accurate and an absolute pleasure to write with
    on my TPT2. I decided a while ago to not buy any non-wacom tablet. There is no real competition for wacom out there... as of this writing.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    Bronsky likes this.
  5. FinancialWar

FinancialWar Scribbler - Standard Member

6. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

There is no tilt sensing in the Feel pen so when the pen is tilted the detected coordinate changes. This is why you have to calibrate the pen closest to your natural pen-holding position, and you have to calibrate it to a single viewing position too because of parallax.

I use the Feel pen and it's by far the best Wacom pen outside of the ones that have tilt and rotation detection.

7. FinancialWar

Srz?

A $100 pen that has not have tilt detection?

What a rip off!

What which is the best stylus that has tilt detection?

Does Fujitsu T500 tilt?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I am very pleased by the note-taking capability of my M80TA. The Wacom system feels natural to me. The tablet has had its teething pains but now that the digitizer issue is potentially resolved, I think this little tablet will shine as a portable note-taker. The writing experience on the tablet is second to none I've had so far in the 4 short years I've owned a tablet PC.

9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The Intuos Pro (formerly Intuos5) line and the Cintiq line are the only devices on the market that have tilt and rotation sensitivity. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will be the first device that is not sold by Wacom that incorporates this technology, unless you count the Modbook Pro X which is a Macbook Pro with an Intuos Pro digitizer grafted into it.

10. FinancialWar

So can Intuos Pro or Cintiq stylus be used on Thinkpad Yoga to achieve tilting effect?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.