Wacom AES software compatibility

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Darth_Moose, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Darth_Moose

Darth_Moose Pen Pal - Newbie

To those using Wacom AES enabled machines, do you have issues running any older software, particularly older version of Flash such as CS3?
    Do all AES enabled machines use the Feel Driver with full wintab compatibility?

I ask because I once had a Surface Pro 3, and although I loved it for sketching I couldn't use it for work because it wasn't compatible with any versions of Flash older than CS6. Attempting to use the stylus in Flash cs5.5 or lower would cause an immediate crash.
    When Wacom entered the active digitizer game, I had hope that these issues would be solved.
    I apologize if this has been posted before, I've been searching the internet for answers for a bit now, but it seems like most people have moved on to newer versions of the software, which isn't really an option for me as it's the version my employer uses.

I've been eyeing the Dell XPS 15 2 in 1 after realizing that the zBook x2 would require me to take out a second mortgage, and the question of software compatibility is the only one that really remains.

As an aside, I have no issues using Active digitizers. The new active pens seem to have fixed the cursor lag issue, which was the biggest complaint I had with them. When animating with rigs, cursor lag will make you want to pull your hair out.

WillAdams likes this.