W500 Case and other Accessories?

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Gabspr, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManofGod

ManofGod Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank all you guys for the Stilgut case suggestion, I went ahead and ordered that one. (Yes, $78.05 is not cheap but I wanted one that worked properly with windows 8 bezel gestures.) I should see it in a couple of weeks or so as well.

You guys saved me from making a $23 mistake from amazon. I had ordered one without realizing the case I had ordered covered up the bezel. I immediately canceled the order and purchased the one above. Thank you again.:D

2. llcamino

llcamino Pen Pal - Newbie

I was looking to order one this way as well. Can you clarify how you listed your address in the US? The form only lists:

Post Code
    Town
    Country

Can I ask how you listed City and State? I just want to make sure I do it right so that I receive it as quickly as possible.

Thanks

3. Ishman

Ishman Pen Pal - Newbie

Post code : XXXXX zip code
    Town: City, ST

That is how I did it.

4. ManofGod

Well, hopefully, it will be delivered to the correct place. Since I did not see a place to put in the state, I did not put it in. However, the zip code and city should do it, I hope.

5. gammite

gammite Scribbler - Standard Member

i finally got my case today after ordering on 4-13. i did the address the way you did yours and it got to me fine.

as everyone else says it is a nice case. i would have preferred not to spend nearly 80 bux (77.15 on the day i ordered with the exchange rate) but it appears to be worth it. and it looks/feels much better than the cases from ebay that cover the bezel.

6. llcamino

Thanks. I just ordered it that way. Now I'm impatiently waiting.

7. gammite

gammite Scribbler - Standard Member

Lol. I bet they are wondering why they are getting all of these U.S. orders

8. ManofGod

Well, I received the cover yesterday and am very please with it. I am a lot more confident carrying it around now since it is better protected.

9. llcamino

I received my Slitgut case today. Very impressed with the quality. Also impressed with their customer service. I receiving an email (in German, used google translate) that said contact them if I didn't receive it in 4 days I should contact them. I sent an email inquiring about the are in both English and German (same email). I received a German email back and then another email in English from a different rep. I assume they asked one of their English speaking reps to follow up.

So, as I said, I'm very impressed with the case and the customer service.

10. oldpueblo

oldpueblo Pen Pal - Newbie

New W500 owner here, and having gone through this entire thread I was finally happy to see the exact case I was looking for. This is my third tablet and the only case I ever want is the one typically made by blurex and a few others:

[​IMG] (minimalist, sturdy, exact fit, great looking)

This Stilgut one appears to be the same case so that saved me the trouble of posting asking for it. Now to decide if I want to spend that much. :( I'd have to say my second choice would be the Case Logic because I can't stand when they cover up every part of your device.

Amazon.com: Case Logic UFOL-110 10-Inch Tablet/eReader Folio (Black): Electronics

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012