W500 Case and other Accessories?

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Gabspr, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmailGuy

EmailGuy Pen Pal - Newbie

What did it end up costing with shipping to the US?

What about access to the USB ports while in the case. I'm assuming that would be problematic.

2. Mamba

Mamba Pen Pal - Newbie

>What did it end up costing with shipping to the US?

I was curious so ran thru the order process to find out...just under $80...ouch.
    No thanks, I'll stick with my eBay import folio cover; stock keyboard works with it too. I plan to trim back the leather around the bezel for improved W8 use.

3. Ishman

Ishman Pen Pal - Newbie

All ports have easy access nothing is covered.

Total cost shipped to my door was $78.15. Yes, I admit it is expensive but the ability to keep it in a case that adds minimal bulk and looks beautiful pushed me to the purchase. I have a similar case for my Prime (much cheaper case and plentiful in the US) and love it.

4. afripino

afripino Pen Pal - Newbie

I bit the bullet and decided to order the Stilgut today. This will be my 3rd case for the W500 as I've owned the cheapo Amazon folio case that covers the bezel as well as the CaseLogic universal 10.1" tablet case. I had the usual issues with both being the lack of bezel access with the folio (for Windows 8 CP gestures) and the lack of rear camera access with the CaseLogic. The corner loops also kept coming off on the CaseLogic due to the large size of the W500 and I feared dropping it at some point. I sold both cases for around $20 to recoup some of the cost for the Stilgut, so I'm only out around $40 over what I already spent. I might even get my company to pay for it since it is a work-related expense. :) I hope this Stilgut lives up to the reviews thus far and I'll report back with an unboxing video once I receive it. Thanks for all of your help guys!

5. Ishman

Ishman Pen Pal - Newbie

I think you will enjoy this case.

6. gammite

gammite Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks. I will be ordering one.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. gammite

did u get yours yet?

8. afripino

Alright guys...I received my Stilgut case a few minutes ago and managed to take some pictures. Overall, I feel the case is of the highest quality and they definitely did not spare any expense with the materials. It was designed in Germany, but manufactured in China, but don't let that steer you away. The stitching, leather, cleaning cloth, and padding are all superior materials compared to the cheaper $10-$40 cases. I've used all of the other cases out there (JKase, Case Logic, etc.) and nothing compares to the Stilgut.

Also, contrary to popular belief, you CAN use the keyboard with the Stilgut case, although it's a bit difficult to attach and detach. You can't close the case with the keyboard attached either.

Here's the pics. Enjoy!!!!
    https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=56dc902bc00ebdee&id=56DC902BC00EBDEE%212117

9. gammite

thanks for the review. the pix were great to see, especially with the keyboard attached. i am still waiting on mine.

10. afripino

No problem...any time. Just glad to see the W500 getting some love around here. I'm also glad I don't regret my $70+ purchase from Germany. I would've hated to have to return it after waiting so long.

Also, I think I found a better way to mount it on the keyboard. I'll post pics tomorrow since I left my keyboard dock at work.

P.S. Thanks Ishman and Bazanime for the recommendation!