W-W-Windows S-Seven 64bit St-t-t Stutter...

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Spartikiss, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartikiss

Spartikiss Scribbler - Standard Member

So... As part of the upgrade that I've been doing on my system... I installed windows 7 64-bit... And now the computer has a stutter...

Come on... WTF?

It doesn't exactly lock up the system, but if I'm moving my mouse when the system stutters, you can definately tell... THe closest that I can compare this to is whenever your computer is at 100% load, how the mouse will kind of stutter across the screen... This doesn't happen all the time either just once about every 4-5 mins...

I don't think this is a windows 7 problem as I ran the RC on this computer and it seemed to run pretty well.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

-Spart

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. pnfcnf

pnfcnf Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the issue as well and am also running 64bit windows 7, and did not have the issue with the beta or RC1. I do not have the issue when using the stylus...hmmmm....driver issue?

3. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

I have the same issue on my 32bit desktop. I discovered the culprit by watching the CPU load for about a half hour one day (I've seen better TV than this:rolleyes: ). It turned out to be Carbonite. So now whenever I am listening to music, watching a video or playing WoW I have to disable Carbonite. I am sure you will find some similar program or driver munching your CPU on a regular basis.

4. clads01

clads01 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm running Win 7 64-bit and don't have a stutter problem. However, I do have a problem where it takes an extremely long time for the tablet to respond when it's been sitting idle for a while. Not a wake from formal sleep state, but display is still active, I'm just not able to do anything. If I remember correctly, mouse cursor actually does move around but no other response for maybe up to a minute or two, then all OK. I suspect maybe some component (or process) has shut down and it's just taking that long for it to revive. Anyone else have a similar problem or know a fix?

5. Spartikiss

Spartikiss Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been watching for about 2 weeks now... Still no sign of the perp app... Weird... Didn't have this problem with Vista...

Is there a program somwhere to monitor AND chart cpu usage? something that poles every second and notes the highest cpu loading program/driver?

-Spart

6. clads01

clads01 Pen Pal - Newbie

The built-in Windows Resource Monitor (access from Performance tab in Task Manager) will do it one program/process at a time (or for a selected group of program/processes). Not exactly what you are looking for but may help you narrow it down ...

7. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

There are several tools here that you may want to give a shot.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. gaidensensei

gaidensensei Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been using the All CPU Meter CPU widget that monitors the cores. RMClock (not sure if you have this yet) is also good.

Could it be of the power savings settings? I noticed my T8100 was running particularly sluggish (at x4 multiplier mind you.. and 800mhz) until I loaded up RMClock and made it run at full blast for AC plugged status. Didn't notice the mouse symptoms, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.