Volume Control on Tecra M7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by QuantumXL, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markrichley

markrichley Pen Pal - Newbie

I wondered if anyone might offer a quick fix for something:

The Toshiba Tecra M7 has a nice little slider on the front for volume control, yet suddenly today it seems to have stopped working...why I do not know, it was ok yesterday, and restarting doesn't seem to resolve it. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Cheers

2. kensei

kensei Scribbler - Standard Member

Is it muted? Push it directly in instead of pulling in either direction and you should see a coloured icon on the desktop.

3. markrichley

markrichley Pen Pal - Newbie

i tried that and unfortunately there's no response whatsoever. i'm quite disappointed! Toshiba seem like they don't wish to earn their money and help me either :(

4. QuantumXL

QuantumXL Pen Pal - Newbie

Well sometimes i do have this problem with my Tecra M7 (Since i have only 512 stock ram in it, it does sometimes crash and the hotkey functions don't work) Basically what I'm asking is does the other HotKeys work on your screen? Because if anything you have to reinstall the hotkey drivers (I had a similiar problem where my little nephew decided to delete some things off my computer by clicking and deleting) and somehow he found his way to my drivers (Shrugs) smart little bugger i guess. But anyways, If its not a HotKey problem (Because thats what the volume control actually works off of instead of a regular volume control like a stereo system) than it might just be a complete hardware issue. If the other hot keys don't work thats a software problem. :) Hope this helps. Holla!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.