voiding the warranty?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by gil-galad, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noah Richason

Noah Richason Pen Pal - Newbie

If I want to add memory to my 4220 (not that I have I have it yet), and/or turbo memory for the vista ready boost later on, will that void my warranty. If so, would it make sense to save some money and do without the extra two years of warranty if I would only be voiding it later this year anyway? Sorry if this info has been already posted, but this site crashes my browser pretty frequently, especially when I try to do a search. Thanks.

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Adding memory to the T4220 (or any other machine) does not void your warranty.
    For the T4220 all you need do is turn the machine over, look for the memory blanking plate, undo the three screws and remove the plate.
    Now insert the additional memory into the spare slot.
    Reverse the procedure and switch on..... job done.

What I'm more concerned about is why the site crashes your browser.....
    Which browser software are you using?
    Have you tried deleting your cache and cookies?

3. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

also, have you installed updates for IE 6/7?

4. Noah Richason

Noah Richason Pen Pal - Newbie

First, thanks for the info about the warranty ... that is a load of my mind and I will go ahead and proceed with purchasig the extra warranty.

Second, I have been using IE 6 (updated) to browse this sight, just because I have been waiting for a new system to ugrade the browser and I tried the beta of IE 7 back in the day and it gave me major headaches. I could use Opera or firefox, and that would proabaly solve the problem. And I just deleted my cookies and cache to see if it helps.

For some reason, this is the only site where this happens, and it happens all the time ... but I can't predicatably replicate it. Sometimes I can go through several threads before a crash, other times I can't even get to a thread from the main page. Hmmmm.

5. gil-galad

gil-galad Pen Pal - Newbie

What did you expect? It was a beta after all, but most issues should be gone by now. I've been using it for a relatively long time and I have no complaints (any more :D ). Why not give it another shot? You can always go back. ;) Maybe it helps.

6. haplo_09

haplo_09 Pen Pal - Newbie

Also, will warranty be voided if I hard drive were to be replaced?

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No... you can exchange the hard drive and still keep the warranty.
    Obviously if anything goes wrong and it is proved that it was caused by the replaced hard drive, then that would void your warranty.

8. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

I am more wondering about his turbo memory question. Is it possible to add turbo memory to the T4220?

9. gil-galad

gil-galad Pen Pal - Newbie

AFAIK, there's no no (official) way to install the turbo memory yourself. It may technically be possible but it's very probable that it would be difficult and it's extremely probable that it'd void the warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.