VMWare users

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by nobylspoon, Feb 26, 2010.

1. nobylspoon

nobylspoon Pen Pal - Newbie

Any VMWare users running virtual machines on their TM2? Just curious how this effects the touchscreen and if there are any other issues/bugs to deal with.

2. Meatlocker

Meatlocker Software Development Pro

The touchscreen control is passed to the VM, and it works great. I have run both Windows and a certain fruit-logoed OS and both have been fully functional.

3. nobylspoon

nobylspoon Pen Pal - Newbie

Awesome, thanks. This is great news :D

I am trying to work out a solution to Toon Booms annoying license policy that requires you to deactivate a license on one machine and activate it on another which is a PITA if you switch back and forth between a tabletPC and a desktop. I tried to make a Thinapp version of it but the product key encryption is based off the hardware ID but a full VM running off my usb drive would provide a constant hardware ID that should resolve this issue. I am waiting to hear back from ToonBoom's customer service to see if this is authorized in their license agreement.

My only remaining concern is how well the available resources handle the VM and the software with Windows 7 hogging up a large chunk as the host. I think using XP for the VM OS it should help out a lot since it consumes a lot less resources.