Vivotab vs Venue

Discussion in 'Asus' started by hajensen, May 2, 2014.

1. hajensen

hajensen Pen Pal - Newbie

After one month of use, I have just now returned my Dell Venue and replaced it With a Vivotab.

Conclusion...
    Screen, wifi, ports, weight etc. is the same, although the Dell has a slight more quality feel than the Asus. But, the main reason for changing is also the main reason fpr buying the Device: the pen/stylus input!!! The Dell stylus (synaptics) is really bad, actually not working at all for writing. With my OneNote notebooks back to 2003 I need to be able to Write properly, and therefore I am so VERY VERY happy to be back With Wacom. Believe me, it is something quite different from all the other Technologies.

Henrik

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Welcome to the club. Were you aware of the potential digitizer issues when you bought the Vivotab? We are all a little bit crazy here but we love the form factor and our Wacom pens.

3. baxter

baxter Scribbler - Standard Member

4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Bronsky and Azule like this.
  5. Claud

Claud Pen Pal - Newbie

To me, evenif in the worst case that the pen stops working permanently and no fix is supported, the tablet will still win over the VP8 in terms of look, back touch feeling, slightly light weight and slightly better soc. The only complaint is it thickness compair to other windows blue tablets.

I will decide to either sell it or keep it like a no pen input tablet. For the price I paid for the AVN8, there is not much to worry.. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Pfftttt... if one of your early charges maybe failed, it doesn't mean this will happen to all owners. I like my Vivotab and use it on a daily base for handwriting. Great device, great price.

7. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

The Dell has only a Z3740D and the Asus the better Z3740, which makes a difference in terms of memory bandwidth and overall performance.

8. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

His pen hasn't failed. He is basing his statement on the fact that many others have had their pens fail at a rate which is absurdly high.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus/62139-asus-vivotab-note-8-pen-failure-rate.html

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus/61338-vivotab-note-8-pen-stopped-working.html

He didn't say this will happen to all owners. The pen probably isn't guaranteed to fail, but the chances of it happening are much higher than should normally be expected for a hardware failure.

Having said that. I love my VN8 despite the fact that I'm on my second one because my first one failed. Wacom+Windows+8" is worth the risk to me.

Bronsky and justpick1 like this.