VivoTab TF810C - What WiFi Adapter?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by homer007, Dec 18, 2012.

1. homer007

homer007 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi All,

Wanted to see if anyone with a TF810C could go into their device manager and let me know what WiFi adapter is installed in this tablet. I have the Envy X2 which has the Broadcom 4330 and unfortunately due to some driver issue, I can't connect to my work network (uses Cisco router). Wanted to see if the ASUS has a different WiFi adapter and consider getting it instead.

Thanks

2. rene_canlas

rene_canlas Pen Pal - Newbie

Just checked in Device Manager. It's a "Broadcom 802.11bgn Wireless SDIO Adapter"

HTH,

Rene
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

3. Techgeek32

Techgeek32 Scribbler - Standard Member

I just checked mine. It is the 4330. Might not be a good choice for you either. I don't have my Samsungs anymore so I can't check those for you. Hopefully not all of the ATOM hybrids use this model of WiFi.

4. homer007

homer007 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks to you both for checking. I was afraid of that. Each of the Samsung and Lenovo uses the broadcom WiFi adapter as well so I think it is an Atom thing. Hopefully they get new drivers soon.

5. Neutronbomb

Neutronbomb Pen Pal - Newbie

Weird thing about the Vivo tab.. it doesn't see my 5g network but it see's my 2.5ghz. My surface and Ativ 500T as well as my desktop (and android phone) are all able to see the 5ghz network.

6. pmf

pmf Pen Pal - Newbie

The driver lists as abgn but if you look at the specs on Asus' site, it shows bgn. The Broadcom 4330 can be configured with either, and it seems that the 810 does not support 5Ghz.

7. brettpfleiger

brettpfleiger Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having the same issue. I am able to connect to an open network with no issues. I am unable to connect to my office network which is a WPA2 secured wifi network. I have the ASUS configured similar to my dell running windows 8. The dell works fine and the ASUS does not connect.

If anybody has solved this issue please post

8. iqbalhafidh

iqbalhafidh Pen Pal - Newbie

U Should Try This..

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/54221-500t-possible-fix-wifi-reconnecting-slowly.html

please post if it works for AsusTF810C Too

9. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie