VivoTab TF810C stability issues

Discussion in 'Asus' started by maverick, Dec 15, 2012.

1. maverick

maverick Pen Pal - Newbie

Fn+F9 sorry.

When your computer sleeps, wake it up with the touchpad, it will work 100%.

2. Tourniquet

Tourniquet Scribbler - Standard Member

I also experienced this on the Samsung and this seems to be normal as long as you've got the adaptive screen brightness enabled. You can disable it in the power settings.

3. maverick

Unfortunately this happens with adaptive screen brightness disabled :(

4. woshisb

woshisb Pen Pal - Newbie

There's also an option in power settings to disable the adaptive screen brightness, you can give that a shot.

5. maverick

Anandtech says :
    Contrary to popular belief, driver problems aren’t what kept the first Atom Windows 8 tablets out of the market at launch. A bug (not related to power management) caught several months ago caused schedules to slip by about a month and a half. Depending on whose design the OEM followed (Intel’s or their own), the implementation of the fix could come quickly or would take a bit longer. In this case, Acer and Samsung found themselves on the right side of the fence.

Don't know if it's true or not, other sources say that Intel drivers do not pass Microsoft WHQL certification.

Do Samsung/ACER owners still have issues after software updates ?

I have contacted ASUS support, but besides doing a RMA they have no answer.

6. maverick

I have read here and there that the Samsung 500t owners did not experience freeze ups anymore after the last firmware/drivers update.

I downloaded the SW update from Samsung website and installed it on my TF810C.
    The software does not update anything itself. it's just a downloader, it extracts drivers on a folder on your computer. It also installs a background service but I disabled it.

I installed two drivers:
    - the chipset driver (z2760 drivers)
    - the audio driver

and.... my tablet did not freeze for the last two days :D. Before that I had AT LEAST one freeze per day.

So the drivers definitely help.

It does not resolve all of the issues (trackpad after waking up, or seeing only one battery...), but at least it's usable now :thumbsup:

However my mic still does not work, don't know if it's the drivers or the hardware.....

If you try the audio drivers, be sure to select "have disk" and choose the correct INF from the exported folder. The installers may not work.

7. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Can you post the versions of the software showing in device manager? Did you try updating the graphics and wifi?

8. maverick

Realtek I2S Audio Codec : 6.2.9200.43 (not the most up to date I have seen, Lenovo has 6.2.9200.44)
    Intel SST Audio Device : 6.2.9200.25166 (that's the most updated I have seen, ACER has the .22XXX but they still have issues)

Funny thing, even though the drivers are up to date, they are dated 26/10/2012. Which means you cannot trust the drivers date, only the version.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  9. maverick

10. tissot

tissot Pen Pal - Newbie

Damn i hope Asus picks it up and i wont have any problems later this week when i get the tablet. They remind me Nokia of 2007 with hundred different devices needing a support and them not being to able to deliver.