Vivotab TF810C problems with Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kiki, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Damn...

This make me remember one more time about all the old news about the conflict that Intel and Microsoft had about the power management on their "new clover trail powered upcoming devices". This is almost the confirmation that our clover tablets are like an experiment that anyhow went out to the market despite having some intrinsic glitches and that the Bay Trail tablets are the perfected and "final" product.

Anyhow despite all of this and if we take apart the poor driver support (Asus in our case) I'm very happy with this tablet (that anyhow came out from Asus quality department with a broken speaker) and what it can do.

I'm beginning to wish I didn't update to Windows 8.1 because with the latest update batches prior to 8.1, the tablet was working as good as I wished it did from day zero.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Well mine's currently with Asus for repair (won't turn on) and I certainly won't be putting Windows 8.1 on it when I get it back. I agree, it was working perfectly with the latest batch of updated before I stuck 8.1 on it.

Don't think I'll be buying another ASUS device again though. This is the second time it's been RMA'd. Apart from my Xbox 360, I've never had to RMA anything once before, let alone twice!

3. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

Defenatly Asus has completely ****ed us over on this one. 8.1 IS really a great improvement on the w8 performance of OS is great, its everything else that sucks. we need updated drivers, we need them now. This tablet is chugging along with terrible performance elsewhere, but windows stock programs are great. main issue im guessing is cpu and ram managment, but sound and display drivers really do need to be brought upto scratch. 8.1 has been oit for a while now, and preview and dev kits even longer wtf asus.

Post baytrail I may be going the Lenovo route, they had some great devices, maybe in the next generation of atoms they will bring something special like the tf810c out to the market. Untill then I hope asus does support this thing one more time so it can work properly for another year of study!!!!

4. Nils

Nils Pen Pal - Newbie

5. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

6. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have just received (and of course installed) some Windows Defender Updates. Also the driver version of my display is still the one from december last year (because I restored it due to the crash issues)

Nils where did you get the update from on your TF810C?

7. Nils

Nils Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven´t updated my tablet to windows 8.1 yet. So I cannot test it.
    I think you must reactivate the automatic driver updates that you deactivated to use the old driver.
    On the following link intel posted that the driver will be available on Windows Update within the next 24-48 hours

https://communities.intel.com/thread/45656?start=30&tstart=0

8. mm289

mm289 Tablet Business User

Totally agree with all the above. First and last Asus for me.

Tried to reinstall 8 from my USB recovery drive i hade made before installing 8.1 and even that won't work :( gets to asking for bitlocker code, input that then just loops back to "choose install device" - can't even restore 8!

MM

9. kiki

kiki Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine has been in ASUS repair for more than two weeks. I should finally get it on Monday. (Sent it in because of screen ghosting).I am really missing this computer for my studies. I am hoping that it does not come with Windows 8.1 loaded.

As for buying another ASUS machine, I don't know.If they release an updated version and no other manufacture releases a similar product, I will be forced to get that update. I am getting near teh end of the warranty period and yeah, this is my 2nd RMA like you. This is ridiculous!

10. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

Some updates installed, driver still failed. So update did nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.