Vivotab TF810C problems with Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kiki, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mph55

mph55 Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you use Classic Shell for the start button? If so, you may have it set where it disables what the windows key does. You can set it to also bring up the start screen if you want. I personally have the windows button disabled because of the sensitivity of the capacitive button. I was always accidentally hitting it and going to the start screen.

2. mochaguy22

mochaguy22 Pen Pal - Newbie

Nope, I'm not using Classic Shell. I reset my tablet to factory default and it still has that problem.

3. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

This tablet went from efficient to most slow and unresponsive. Many problems, and no word from asus on the patch roll out. Ridiculous!

4. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

Another 256MB Windows Updates are available today. Maybe some things are gone afterwards and hopefully nothing else comes up :)

5. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

As some other user pointed on another forum, it seemed to fix the standby problems at first, but the problem remains the same as before (try to let the tablet sleep for some minutes to do a proper check).

Microsoft said a fix to our issues "might" come on November but it seems this is not the one...

6. edwpang

edwpang Pen Pal - Newbie

I just checked this morning, the latest graphics driver is still version 1168. Unless the graphics driver is updated, the standby->wakeup issue won't be fixed.

7. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Not necessarily. The 1168 drivers work fine on Windows 8. The problem was introduced with Windows 8.1, so the issue is more likely to be on Microsoft's end. The question is whether or not Microsoft will fix the issue or whether the drivers will be updated to work around the issue. I wouldn't hold my breath on either happening any time soon.

Have you got a source for that, Tonitti?

8. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

I think this was the thread:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/45656

In the middle, when he says:

"On the KB its stated this:

A fix is scheduled to be included with the upcoming update rollup in November 2013.

You experience an error when resuming a computer from hibernation, and a blank screen is shown. This issue may occur with some computers that have TPM chips enabled.

Microsoft is aware of this issue, and this article will be updated when a fix is available."

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. chrismariusb

chrismariusb Pen Pal - Newbie

So, not safe yet?

10. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Actually, that November date was for the first issue mentioned in the article:

The bold text is under one bullet point. The second, which we believe is related to our issues (though many people seems to be split as to whether it is) doesn't even have a date :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.