Vivotab TF810C problems with Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kiki, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you already installed your update. If yes, pleas check your wifi before changing any of the device properties.

2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Do you mean Windows 8.1? I've already upgraded but not this latest update that you're talking about.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

3. schwarz86

I reinstalled the update and no issues. I also tried to install the latest graphic drivers, but the problems after returning from slepp mode still exist. Therefore, I rolled the driver update back again :(

4. nnthemperor

Ok. So I'll be better off not messing with this update,

5. nnthemperor

So you've got the an older graphic driver? I still have the latest and I'm having the wake from sleep crash. Not letting it bother me.heard Microsoft or whoever is responsible will try to patch up the bug.

6. galasheep

galasheep Pen Pal - Newbie

i got the same problems,
    1.lag on wakeup, with glitches ( and the graphic card pop up msg )
    2. the bing search only finds webs, and not the "smart search "
    3. apps crush
    4. some pixel glitches on menus

i tries refreshing it, and it didnt work.
    so, i tries installing all the latest drivers, and updates- by microsoft, and from asus
    nothing works..

what shall i/ we do ?

7. schwarz86

hello
    today I recognised a problem when changing from one available wifi to another. There pops up a message not possible to connect and after disconnecting the active connection it connects then after a few seconds the other wifi. But in the mean time you have no wifi connection at all. I have no idea what this should be and have never experienced anything else on windows 8.

8. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

Battery life is def less. In an hour used close to 20%, usually its just over 10% so the power is def up not down and that isnt exactly good, since battery drains more than it should in sleep mode.

9. mm289

mm289 Tablet Business User

Installed 8.1 RTM a couple of weeks ago. Lots of problems going down the upgrade path so in the end did a clean install from scratch.

Doing this doesn't load any drivers on these tabs though so had to connect a usb keyboard and mouse and then download the Asus driver pack and install.

Since then lots of screens problems, pixel glitches and crashes (blue screens) which all seem to be related to graphics. Also have lost the rotate option, doesn't come up at all under screen options, can't rotate manually or auto so stuck with 1 landscape mode.

I also get the ghosting, although have had this for ages, not a 8.1 issue.

Considering restoring 8.0 as yet again the tab is a mess, it had just about got useable as a business machine before I installed 8.1 with Asus finally catching up on driver releases etc, but back to square 1 with 8.1 If only the Lenovo Lynx had a digitiser I would be outta here cause Asus suck!

MM

10. AirZone

AirZone Pen Pal - Newbie

*sigh* Asus support is just bad! I hope they are trying to fix all the problems. What really piss me off is the ghosting problem. I'm not sure if its a panel problem or a chip inside the mobo that cant regulate the current to the screen. Anyhow if i will have money i will switch to surface pro 2 right away... I think its the best hybrid you can buy as a student that need a digitizer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.