Vivotab TF810C problems with Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kiki, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Nils

Nils Pen Pal - Newbie

Perfect. You must turn off the automatic driver updates. I edit my post with a instructions. Now I can install Windows 8.1 :)

2. Korgnex

Korgnex Pen Pal - Newbie

HELP!!!!

I did the same, changed back the drivers to 9.14.3.1117 but now I only have an entirely BLUE screen when my user logs in. I need to undo this but how can I load a restore point??? I can no longer boot into Windows since I only got an empty BLUE screen.

3. Nils

Nils Pen Pal - Newbie

On the log screen click the left symbol in the corner, choose screen keyboard.
    Choose Shift key (up arrow) button and click Restart on the symbol in the right corner

Then start the safe mode

In the safe mode -> Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> system restore

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  4. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am not sure whether is downgrad of the driver version has any disadvantages.

5. Korgnex

Korgnex Pen Pal - Newbie

in my case windows was broken

i could fix it with shift + restart which allowed me to do a recovery with latest working settings (right after update to 8.1), now everything is fine.

i do NOT recommend taking older intel drivers as in my case I could not see anything else but the login screen, desktop was unviewable, i could not even access task manager, no taskbar, no start button, no modern ui, it was all hung up in some infinite loop, only turning screen off, turning on again and logging out worked, fortunately shift + restart let me access advanced boot settings including recovery

:)

6. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

I've noticed the following:
    -No awesome screen fade when entering sleep
    -Tablet is completely unresponsive for 5+ seconds upon boot and login
    -Possibly a huge memory leak

These could just be personal things, however

7. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

I noticed a MASSIVE drop in the volume of the speakers. They used to be the loudest, clearest things I had. Now I can play Pandora at full volume and still not be able to hear it in the next room.

8. AirZone

AirZone Pen Pal - Newbie

Well this update really sucks! ghosting is much worser than 8.0 and the Store app crashing all the time.. What i checked theres a fix in cmd for the store but it doesnt work for me.
    :(
    any ideas?

9. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I can't really answer about the first point, but for the latter two.

The long resume from sleep, boot, login is a video driver issue plaguing most atom slate owners as far as I can tell.

As for the memory leak, I've notice 8.1 doesn't immediately close apps that you've "closed" by dragging them to the bottom of the screen, they remain in memory for some time. You can manually end the task from the task manager if you want to free the RAM, but I've so far never run out of memory, I'd say it ends the running tasks from closed apps when it needs the memory quite well.

10. maxal

maxal Pen Pal - Newbie

I have gone back to windows 8 had enough of the wake up problems on windows 8.1

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013