Vivotab TF810C problems with Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kiki, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

I fixed the problem by uninstalling the day 0 Windows 8.1 updates. The one that did it was the update that took a while to uninstall and the progress bar hung at like 99% for a few minutes.
    Be sure to hide the update under Windows Update or it'll just autoupdate again.

Enjoy a super stable tablet afterwards!!

I hope Microsoft realise this and fix it up with another update. They're usually on the ball!

2. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

Could you be a little bit more precisely, I can't find a update that is named day 0 Windows 8.1.

Thank you

3. schwarz86

Has anyone tested the functionality of the stylus in some apps?

4. coconut

coconut Pen Pal - Newbie

I did uninstall all updates nothing changed. the message seems to pop up after something tries to use the graphics and it seems so that this is on intel and the oems to blame. I've found a post on theverge.com where someone posted this link;

Station-Drivers - Intel (Chipset)

to what seems to be a driver package for oems for the z2760. Haven't tried this yet and am curios if installing this could make matters worse?

5. coconut

coconut Pen Pal - Newbie

6. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

So far I have tested Journal, Photoshop, Sai and Freshpaint, the stylus works the same as before the update, that is, perfectly with some programs but with graphical glitches and palm rejection problems in others (just as before).

7. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

It's called "Update for Microsoft Windows". I had about 6 of them. I don't know the specific name, unfortunately. But I do know that it ISN'T KB2894179. Search "view installed updates" and uninstall all your updates dated 18/10/2013 or 17/10/2013 or whenever you updated.
    The culprit should take like 5 minutes to uninstall.

I've solved and reintroduced this issue to myself maybe 3 or 4 times, so I'm certain the update is the cause of the problem for me.

8. maxal

maxal Pen Pal - Newbie

I would like to add that I have the wake from sleep problem too.

9. DavidC_UK

DavidC_UK Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm also having the slow wake issue and graphics issues when some apps launch and various pieces of the screen look scrambled. I haven't had any video driver error messages though.

10. schwarz86

I have updated to windwos 8.1 on 18th of october so I am a bit worried that i might damage my windows version by deleting some certain updates. As I understand, you have already used w8.1 since the preview version was released, so you just did some updates on 18/10/2013 and not a complete update. I am not sure whether this works out for users who update these days to the news windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.