Vivotab TF810C problems with Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kiki, Oct 17, 2013.

1. danweber

danweber Pen Pal - Newbie

didn't get as far as you did. Brought u p with 8.0; offer to update to 8.1. After some time to download, came up with error message it found issue and was collecting data to send and would reboot when complete. Went into loop rebooting, finding error gathering info and rebooting again. Extended push on power button and came up with message incompatible with 8.1, reloaded 8.0 Works OK but note all apps require 8.1. Any suggestions?

2. Evertonian

Evertonian Pen Pal - Newbie

About two weeks ago I completely reinstalled Windows 8 and immediately after the Live Update drivers (and Wacom drivers for testing) I installed Windows 8.1 Update ... had no problems with it.

3. danweber

OK- but if I re-install windows 8.0 won't I lose all apps, specifically preloaded MS office with no disc or ids to reload?

4. Evertonian

Evertonian Pen Pal - Newbie

After the reinstall from the recovery partition it was like I have bought it (Asus Apps ect. all there) ... sure all Apps/Programms I installed myself were gone and had to be reinstalled.

5. danweber

Tried reloading 8.1 again - same result at 1st - including loop and reload of 8.0 on next bring up. Then on airplane, while using tablet, got message to not power down since it was booting up 8.1 again-- so had to force shutdown since I had no power source. At destination at bring up the tablet tried to continue with 8.1-- but this time I was not connected to the optional keyboard-- and all worked. Appears the keyboard was confusing it-- at any rate now have 8.1 installed-- thanks.

6. smog

smog Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone got a good working driver package (Windows 8.1) for VivoTab TF810C? If i do a clean install no matter which version i install (2.03 or 7 from ASUS website) i have no audio at all...
    With window 8 i am able to get audio, but some of the Intel drivers are not working. Stock drivers nothing else installed... :S