Vivotab TF810C problems with Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kiki, Oct 17, 2013.

1. DavidC_UK

DavidC_UK Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried windows update but it found nothing. So then I went into device manager, found the display adapter and chose update driver. Windows found and installed the new driver and now my Vivotab works properly again.

Wohooo!

2. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

There is no issue actually, It's just that I have had problems in the past with some windows updates that made the battery drain faster somehow, so everytime I do a new windows update I like to keep an eye on that, just that.

3. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Got my tablet back from the Czech Republic yesterday. Immediately out of the box I had issues with the screen rotation. It wouldn't rotate correctly around the y-axis. After downloading an App to see the values it was giving I found it was reading from 0 - 2 instead of -1 - 1. It meant the screen would go upside down but wouldn't revert. Had to use the Sensor firmware tool to put the sensor into debug mode and re-calibrate it. Wasn't too impressed.

Also seem to have issues with some keys on my keyboard working intermittently. Seems to be the connection between the Tablet and the Keyboard. Will need to keep an eye on it as my warranty ends next month. Definitely sick of this device though. There's always something wrong.

New graphics drivers works a treat though. Windows 8.1 working well now.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  4. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

Just to clarify, Still no windows updates for Australasia, whoever has the updates can you confirm your location to be America?

5. Tonitti

Europe here.

6. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm in Melbourne, Australia and got the update. I think it was listed under the optional ones. I manually checked to get it.

7. Tonitti

Optional, that is. It should be labeled -essential antiheadache vaccine updates- or something like that.

8. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok I see. Yesterday at about 12pm I had 89% total (80%tab; 100% dock) battery. I put the tab (docked into the station) into sleep mode and turned the airplane mode on.
    Today at 11am I i switcht the tab ob again. After some graphic problems and a restart I can tell you that the battery draining is worse than I thought: 77% total (83% tab; 69% dock), means a lost of 12% battery without doing anything!!!

9. Tonitti

That sounds really abnormal, anyhow I wish someone post their battery drainage numbers because I made my tablet into the very best battery saving modes since day one:

- I turned off all notifications and live tiles (I still don't know it this affects battery in any way when the tablet is sleeping).

- I set the screen dim to 1 minute and sleep mode to 2 minutes.

- I only keep wifi on (bluetooth, nfc and gps are always off, again i don't know the benefits of this in sleep mode).

- Speakers were left at 50% volume when I did my tests :p.

With these settings it is normal for me to get 2% or even just 1% battery drainage over a whole night (around 7 hours). I only got the tablet part with no keyboard dock.

10. NewYorker545

NewYorker545 Pen Pal - Newbie