VivoTab TF810C Outdoor Viewability

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dan9, Apr 5, 2013.

1. dan9

dan9 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm trying to decide between the TF810C and the Ativ 500t, and one of the main selling points of the Asus is the 600-nit-brightness screen. I'd like something that I can comfortably use outdoors, and if the Asus is substantially better for that, it would be worth the price premium for me.

I've seen this youtube video showing the Asus in direct sunlight, but I find it rather useless--it's hard to get a sense of what it looks like from the video. And I haven't found a brick-and-mortar store that carries it, so I can't see it in person.

For people who've owned it, how is it in indirect sunlight, and how is it in direct sunlight? I have exactly two use cases: reading PDFs and taking notes in Onenote, so I don't care how video or other things look.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. nessers

nessers Pen Pal - Newbie

In the Israeli sun, which is quite bright, it works fine. The screen itself is quite reflective, so it would be slightly more annoying to read or write if you are sitting in particular angles (and with light/shade differences), but it's definitely possible to read and write in direct sunlight.

3. dan9

dan9 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the answer--just what I was looking for!