Vivotab TF810C - my list of issues

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ahkim, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Techgeek32

Techgeek32 Scribbler - Standard Member

I just had the wake from sleep issue with my trackpad. I just tapped Fn F9 and it started working. That is the only problem I have had so far. I will let you know if any of the others happen.

2. Neutronbomb

Neutronbomb Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the wake from sleep problem just about every time where I have to disable/enable the trackpad to get it back working. Not really a dealbreaker but it's annoying. I did however have to return my Vivo Tab today and exchange for a new one.

I have a small (roughly 1/2 long) crack in the screen. NOT the glass. The glass is not scratched or broken or cracked.. there is a crack in the screen layer itself under the glass. With a black background you can see a solid white line that looks like lightning streaking across the corner. Can't see it at all with the screen off and only visible on a dark color background. Anyway PCNation was pretty cooperative. Should have my RMA # in a day or two to send it back and I should have my replacement unit by Monday.

3. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

4. swidwaks

swidwaks Scribbler - Standard Member

When I first watched the video I thought that bump zone was significantly larger than the one I have on my hp tm2. After retesting it, however, I noticed that it was about the same.

I'm not sure if it will always be that bad, (not sure why calibration can't fix it to a point), but it is something that I in practical usage never notice and I use my tablet's pen for writing notes about 6 hours a day. Very seldom am I ever that close to the edge of the screen, especially when its so easy in onenote to just touch the screen with your finger to scroll left/right and up/down.

I

5. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm also experiencing the touchpad issue coming out of sleep. I decided to contact ASUS tech support via e-mail, and the tech asked me to hard reset the device, basically wiping it back to the initial install. So, I thought why not give it a try. Well, the hard reset (reformat) did not help anything, so I'm still working with ASUS. I mentioned that others on this forum are experiencing the same issue. I'm wondering if they are even aware if it? I'm hoping a BIOS update will fix this.

The other issue I have been seeing is sometimes the tablet does not wake after an extended sleep. I end up having to hold the power button down to force a reboot.

I really like the build quality of this tablet, along with the features over others like the Samsung, but these two issus are starting to really annoy me, and making me think twice about returning my 500T for this.

How many others are experiencing issues like this? Has anyone else contacted ASUS?

6. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Asus' lack of support is starting to piss me off. Samsung's been consistent with updates on their products. What kinda stupid company is this

7. Neutronbomb

Neutronbomb Pen Pal - Newbie

You gotta remember Samsung is a much larger company than Asus and has a metric butt ton more money/people to work with when it comes to software updates.

8. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

I recommend everyone fill out this form, politely asking for when updated drivers will arrive: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx
    Be sure to mention that forums full of people are also experiencing the issues of frequent blue screens, disabled audio, and general instability.
    These problems aren't isolated, they are simply inherent to every single Vivo Tab there is.
    To get your product S/N, type the following into command prompt: wmic bios get serialnumber.
    Maybe ASUS will realise that quite a few Vivo Tabs have actually sold!

9. nycUf

nycUf Pen Pal - Newbie

I have all of these issues. I guess it's nice to know I am not alone but I would really like some solutions.

10. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the link, I remember I almost filled it some days ago but for some reason I quit before doing it. I'll try to fill it tomorrow, as I also have the same issues as everyone else, plus a broken right audio speaker, but that seems like a particular issue.