Vivotab tf810c: Installed new Asus update yesterday, today I have a dead vivotab

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Tnext, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Tnext

Tnext Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone else experiencing this? I got tired of the constant reminder and error messages to run the asus update tool on my vivotab tf810c . I had already updated to the early March set of drivers and perhaps one more set. Running the update tool gave error messages that it needed to close, so yesterday I uninstalled the update tool software and reinstalled using the most recent (April) version of the update tool from the ASUS website. It ran and said that now everything was up to date.

Everything seemed fine, I used it for several more hours yesterday.

This morning I get black screen, a little buzz response to power button and to the start button, no response to docking, no response to paperclip. This is a new unit after my old one was RMA-d in january-february with the same symptoms. I thought the new drivers had solved everything....

2. orjan

orjan Pen Pal - Newbie

I assume you have tried connecting the ac adapter?

3. Tnext

Tnext Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion - yes, I tried all of the restart options unplugged, plugged and docked, and plugged and undocked - using power, start, paperclip, and power with volume rocker combinations.

I've been given a tech support number for troubleshooting, we'll see what happens.