VivoTab TF810C dock

Discussion in 'Asus' started by awatts30, Mar 17, 2013.

1. awatts30

awatts30 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am in the market for both a new laptop and a tablet, and decided to combine the two with a tablet PC. After extensive research, I opted for the TF810C, based one several factors including the full-up Windows OS (as opposed to RT, Android, or iOS), the extra battery in the dock, and a long-standing love and respect for Asus, while fully aware of the reported history of issues with this particular system.

As it turned out, I, too, fell victim to those same issues. I am having problems with the physical keyboard not registering keys when typing at a normal speed, and also with the trackpad not working. I have tried undocking and redocking, restarting the tab, and Fn+F9 numerous times. I also updated the drivers via Live Update and again tried all of the above. No luck. Somewhat different from what other people are reporting, though, I have yet to have the trackpad function, never once, not just an issue when coming out of sleep.

Here's the question I pose to those who are better informed than I: what would you recommend I do? Unfortunately, I don't have much time to deal with this as I am leaving the country in a few weeks. Should I stick with it? I've heard of people's problems becoming marginally better over time. Should I return and replace the tab? The dock? Get a different brand/model? Or does anyone have any suggestions for software or driver fixes that I can do myself?

2. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you done a full wipe and reinstall? I suggest doing that, then installing all windows and asus updates. After that is done, should take about two hours see if the problem persists.