VivoTab TF810C alternatives?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by chrismariusb, Jan 24, 2015.

1. chrismariusb

chrismariusb Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there any newish alternative to the VivoTab TF810C? A Wacom pen is absolutely indispensable, as I primarily use the tablet for taking notes in class and doing artwork. I was looking at the TF100TAF but it doesn't seem like it has the digitizer... None of the transformer book computers appear to have that. I had the EeeSlateEP121, but after using the VivoTab I don't really want to go back to something that bulky.

I do not want another Note 8. After exchanging 2 of them and returning the 3rd for a refund, I've had it with that device. I'd rather pay more money for a product that works as it is supposed to without me having to crack it open and jack around with the inside of it.

It just doesn't really seem like such a device exists... Other than the VivoTab TF810C. I might have to buy not-Asus.

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Thinkpad Tablet 10 would be the current best viable alternative

Baytrail/4GB Ram/10.1 - 16:10 hi res screen/ & Wacom

There is also the Encore2 write by Toshiba, available in both 8 & 10 inch, but while Baytrail, only 2GB of Ram, and no high res. also while it is using Wacom...it's the New ES tech, so it behaves more like n-trig, but the general consensus (thus far) is that it's pretty good.

3. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm in the same situation as you. I'd like to replace someday my trusty tf810c, mainly because I love high resolution screens like the ones of the new iPads; also the color fidelity is just much better. But so far I haven't found none that is worth.

Only the Portegé Z20t is worth considering for me, but it's too expensive and the resolution could be better (I'd love at least a QHD screen like the one on the Cintiq Companion 2 and the Galaxy Notes). I'm waiting for Samsung to make his move, they have Wacom stocks and maybe in a future they would make something like this:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/tablet-prototype-custom-design-artype-1.60516/

It's a pity that the Ativ Q never saw the light of day. With today technology a tablet like that could be fanless and an artist's dream.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015