VivoTab TF810 - Issue with keyboard and touchpad

Discussion in 'Asus' started by EMG57, Jun 17, 2013.

1. EMG57

EMG57 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all,

For the last few days, I'm stuck with a weird issue with my Asus VivoTab TF810 running Windows 8: I "lost" my keyboard and touchpad.

I discovered the issue shortly after the latest round of "patch Tuesday" updates (12 June) but there's no sure link between the events. Windows does not seem to get any keystroke from the physical keyboard (dock) anymore, nor cursor input from the touchpad; the on-screen keyboard works though. No amount of reboots, dock/undock would make them work again. I uninstalled the latest updates one by one to no avail; tried quite a few things. The Device Manager does not show any obvious issue with the drivers.

I noticed that the keyboard is not completely "dead" though: 4 keys seem to keep working: wifi on/off (fn+f2), Bluetooth on/off (fn+f3), touchpad on/off (fn+f9) and light lits, auto-brightness on/off (fn+Q). Windows also "sees" the keyboard when docked as new entries appear accordingly in the Device Manager (HID Keyboard Device). However in the on-screen keyboard's selector (where one can choose between split on-screen kbd, pen input, etc) the physical keyboard appears as a greyed out option.

A potentially worrying detail is that the keyboard dock does not seem to work in the BIOS neither (I had to use the tablet's buttons to navigate).

Would anyone have had similar issues?
    I would be particularly interested in one detail: on your device, does the keyboard work in the BIOS? (arrow keys, etc)

Many thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm having some problem with my keyboard too. In my case all the keys are working fine but the problem seems to be with the touchpad. It's behaving very erratic and I keep getting an error notification (blue screen of death) that reboots the system when I try to scroll with the touchpad. This happened more than 4 times within a space of five minutes. Totally annoying.

3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

In Device manager, I noticed 3 HID keyboard devices under keyboard. Wondering if its the same with everyone else. Should I uninstall them? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

4. nessers

nessers Pen Pal - Newbie

I also have three keyboard devices there. So it's probably not that.