Vivotab TF810 Health Survey

Discussion in 'Asus' started by WellThen, Jan 6, 2013.

?

What's the health status of your TF810?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2013.
  1. My TF810 is operating perfectly

31.3%
  2. My TF810 is fine, except for driver issues

43.8%
  3. My TF810 is fine, except for keyboard dock issues

6.3%
  4. My TF810 is dead

18.8%
  1. WellThen

WellThen Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a lot of enthusiasm for this device, and plan to get one when funds allow. Given the problems folks have been reporting with dead units, I wanted to get a sense of how frequent this problem is. So, if you have a TF810, let us know which category you fall into.

2. hglathe

hglathe Pen Pal - Newbie

Better allow to select multiple options. In my case it are driver issues and keyboard dock issues too.

3. WellThen

I probably should have just lumped in the keyboard and driver issues together. Since my biggest purpose is to understand the frequency of the dying problem, I hope that those with both the keyboard and driver issues will just pick one to report. If I open up multiple options, I don't think I'll accurately know the overall population.

4. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, prior to updating drivers from HP and Lenovo, my system was pretty unstable (mostly had issues with touchpad not working on resume from sleep). Now that I have updated everything, it's been running perfectly. is this poll for what you think with stock drivers or how it runs post driver updates? I don't want to skew the poll.

5. WellThen

Well, since I created the poll, Breed has created a wonderful thread with *instructions* for upgrading the drivers. This makes me feel much better because it suggests a repeatable process. I would say that if you are good with the revised drivers, then you should say that you are good. If I'd understood what a big difference the drivers have made, I probably would have included a choice for "All better with drivers". This is my first time doing a poll on a forum, and like you, I don't want to skew it by changing it midstream (if I even *can*).

Thanks for responding, and replying with this info.

6. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

No problem. I have voted based on revised drivers. I'm finally enjoying this tablet like it was intended. It sounds like the Wacom driver issue is still out there (pressure sensitivity in apps like Photoshop), but I do not have a need for that, at this point.

7. seashells

seashells Pen Pal - Newbie

Only issue I've had is the Wacom driver issue (still unresolved). But other than that, everything's been fine.

8. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

I voted for

My TF810 is fine, except for driver issues

but you should add an "other problems" option, because the right speaker of my tf810c is broken, that's it, the bass sound is completely distorted with a very annoying buzz, like if a bumblebee is inside the tablet, so I had to pan the volume completely to the left side.

Also my main issue with the tablet is, as all the other artists that bought this tablet for painting, the lack of wacom drivers that will allow pressure sensitivity in Sai, Photoshop and other wintab compatible programs.

The other isssues are secondary by a lightyear compared to this, for me.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  9. Vasastan

Vasastan Pen Pal - Newbie

Had all the common driver issues, fixed thanks to Breed. One other (BIG) issue: both my speakers are broken. On any volume setting above 10%, the speakers rattle and buzz so I can't hear what is being played. Movies, music, Skype - all unusable without headphones. I know it's not a driver issue since I tried both the stock driver and the Breed-issued one.

10. beachman

beachman Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same issue :(, but only on the left speaker. Obviously there is quality problems with the speakers. Bu I'll wait to do a RMA, I don't want to have it away for 2+ weeks...

I think the poll should be completed with broken speaker(s)!