VivoTab TF810 draining Tablet battery before Dock

Discussion in 'Asus' started by windroid, Jan 9, 2013.

1. windroid

windroid Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone else having the problem of the Tablet battery draining before the Dock battery? The Dock *should* charge the Tablet and when the Tablet is at 100% it should use up the Dock to 5% before switching to draining the Tablet.

For me, however, the Tablet drains and leaves the keyboard dock at 100%. I called Asus support and they suggested that I refresh and/or factory reset my device with the Dock connected. I refreshed it and it changed nothing. I am thinking about Factory Resetting it now, but that would be such a hassle and I'm just really hoping there is an easier fix.

2. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

Nope, works great for me. The dock discharges first, and recharges the tablet until expired

3. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

Also, no need to post the same question in three threads. Not cool.

4. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

The Tablet will use its own battery until it reaches 70%. From here, the dock will then start charging the tablet.

5. jcord51

jcord51 Pen Pal - Newbie

I had a Asus Transformer 201 which would display the power settings on the tablet and on the keypad. I have the 810c and am wondering how you were able to know the percentage of power on each component.

6. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

Go to the Windows 8 desktop (not the start screen). Next to the clock in the taskbar on the right, click on the up arrow icon. Then, click on the battery icon. You will see the capacity of each battery.